Search the forum,

Discuss Newish member looking for work. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChrisN

Trainee plumber looking for hands on work
Hello all, I am currently a private hire driver undergoing an NVQ level 2 in plumbing the course then goes on to a level 3. I am looking to get into a job with someone who can be quite flexible over the next 6 months or so.

My wife is due to go on maternity leave in 2 weeks until November so I will be available to work any days, once she goes back to work I will have to return to being part time dad, which means I can work Monday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday with some availability Sundays (if you need it) once I have completed my course I will be looking to go full time if the pay is enough. Then I can work to my level 3 NVQ.

It’s a part time course so I study books, then once I’ve read to a certain point I go to a centre in Watford to apply what I’ve leanered in a practical workshop. I am coming to the end of my first 2 weeks, and have completed computer exams in health and safety, scientific principles and plumbing processes. Practically I have been assessed on the following:

Bending copper pipe (15mm and 22mm)
Bending low carbon steel

Using those skills I have created the following:

15mm copper pipe frame and soldered it
waste pipe frame (push fittings)
15mm plastic pipe frame (push fittings)
Low carbon steel frame (hand threaded)

1 combination frame of 15mm copper and plastic with low carbon steel.

All had to be to a certainmeasurement and pressure tested to 3bar. Tomorrow I’m making another combination frame, bigger and incorporating 22mm copper pipe.

Apologies for the essay, if anyone can help or advise please let me know. Thanks.

Last edited:
Hello all, I am currently a private hire driver undergoing an NVQ level 2 in plumbing the course then goes on to a level 3. I am looking to get into a job with someone who can be quite flexible over the next 6 months or so.

My wife is due to go on maternity leave in 2 weeks until November so I will be available to work any days, once she goes back to work I will have to return to being part time dad, which means I can work Monday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday with some availability Sundays (if you need it) once I have completed my course I will be looking to go full time if the pay is enough. Then I can work to my level 3 NVQ.

It’s a part time course so I study books, then once I’ve read to a certain point I go to a centre in Watford to apply what I’ve leanered in a practical workshop. I am coming to the end of my first 2 weeks, and have completed computer exams in health and safety, scientific principles and plumbing processes. Practically I have been assessed on the following:

Bending copper pipe (15mm and 22mm)
Bending low carbon steel

Using those skills I have created the following:

15mm copper pipe frame and soldered it
waste pipe frame (push fittings)
15mm plastic pipe frame (push fittings)
Low carbon steel frame (hand threaded)

1 combination frame of 15mm copper and plastic with low carbon steel.

All had to be to a certainmeasurement and pressure tested to 3bar. Tomorrow I’m making another combination frame, bigger and incorporating 22mm copper pipe.

Apologies for the essay, if anyone can help or advise please let me know. Thanks.

[email protected]
@ShaunCorbs can you edit the email address out for Chris?
Chris, there is a personal message system where people click on your user name and reply directly to you out of sight of others, you will get an alert of such replies in the top right hand corner of your screen shot and you should get an email alerting you as well.

Edit:

I have now passed my Level 2 NVQ now working towards my level 3 NVQ

Well done how was it for you

I enjoyed it, picked it up pretty quick, good teachers. Now i am going to be pluming up cold water systems next, so time to see how sound my soldering is ‍♂️

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Newish member looking for work. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock