Search the forum,

Discuss Next door's flue is making a gurgling noise in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Milomouse

Hi

Next door's flue is making a scary gurgling and popping noise - they're away for Easter so we can't go round, does it sound dangerous to any of you professionals? :eek:

Thanks Hilary

Hi Hilary

Thats a very strange noise, it sounds like water running down a waste/soil pipe.

Never heard a boiler make that noise before im afraid.

I know what it is :D

And no will just lockout but needs sorting

Needs a service and a clean as soon as they get back

Hi
No neither have we it's definitely their flue as you can hear it and see fumes when their boiler fires up - at first we thought it was ours but now I'm not sure what's worse - we can switch ours off

I know what it is :D

And no will just lockout but needs sorting

Needs a service and a clean as soon as they get back
Anything they can do or anybody they can ring in the meantime?

Anything they can do or anybody they can ring in the meantime?

as its not there property no other than if its rented or maybe building management (if they pay a yearly charge) sorry

• Informative
Reactions: Dan
o_O So it's not dangerous? The property isn't rented it's owned by next door but as they're are away and we're semi-attached to them I'm a little worried as every time their boiler ignites the noise is getting worse

Thanks Hilary :)

Got one of these by the sounds of it.

When are they back?

Gremlins-real_9500839db2ce5dbc.jpg

Looks like a flat so most probably a combi, the only reason it would come on during daytime is if they forgot to turn down the room thermostat. You can save them a few ÂŁÂŁ by turning off their gas supply at the meter, looks like the type of property with banked external meters.

o_O So it's not dangerous? The property isn't rented it's owned by next door but as they're are away and we're semi-attached to them I'm a little worried as every time their boiler ignites the noise is getting worse

Thanks Hilary :)

no, wont blow up or cause an elec fire

Good thinking batman!

but write a note / letter through the door telling them what you have done and why

• Agree
As shaun says best put a note through the door just in case you miss them on their return . Regards kop

Last edited:
  • Agree
Hi Thanks for all your replies, yes it will be a combi boiler, we're a 3 story house and if it's all safe I'll leave well alone :)

Thanks again Hilary

• Informative
Keston boilers usually make that sound when installed in a basement and the condense runs back down the flue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Next door's flue is making a gurgling noise in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Hi All, my boiler starts to make some loud noises recently when running (a sound file is attached). A gas engineer will come around sometime next week. In the meantime, appreciate any advices on what could be the cause. Thanks very much!
Replies
Views
Hi, hope someone can help with this. My central heating system has a Worcester gas combi boiler, paired with a nest thermostat and a megaflo cylinder. When the boiler starts in the morning, the radiators start to warm up ok, but this is accompanied by a loud whining of the pipes attached to the...
Replies
Views
We are considering buying a house which currently has a 20 year old Ideal Icos boiler, so we're factoring in replacing the boiler soon. Current boiler is on an external kitchen wall with the flue going straight out. However, it's positioned in between a door and the kitchen window, quite close...
Replies
Views
Hi, I had a Macdee Wirquin Neo Air zero leak trap fitted in a sink vanity unit in April this year. Today it has started making a noise which sounds like a whale blowing air through it's blowhole!! It's 'blowing every few minutes and is loud enough for me to hear from the room next door Any ideas...
Replies
Views
Desperate for some help! Be a life saver of someone can help as suffer from a high intolerance to noise. Moved into new house 1940s (copper pipes) and having serious issues with banging pipes only when central heating is on. Not when running taps We have a wall in living room that has stop tap...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock