Search the forum,

Discuss No circulation through radiator in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi
in my central heating system the radiator pipes from/to the boiler are split into 2 and 1 line circulates through radiator A and another circulates through Rad B. At the moment, if I open both radiators, A gets warm but radiator B is not that warm and I presume that its because the water takes the easiest route and not circulating through Rad B.

My Question is, can I buy any splitters or valves that will help the water to circulate through both radiators equally?

That's what lockshield radiator valves are for, - adjusting the flow of water to each radiator.
It is called balancing, as in balancing the flow to all the radiators.
Just turn the lockshield valves down on the rads that are heating well, to improve the flow to the rest, for a rough attempt at improving your heat

Thank you for your response. I tried that but the problem is only 1 radiator is heating properly. I literally have to close the locksheld of the Rad that is closest to the boiler if I want the Rad that is furthest to work. If I leave the locksheld even half circle open for the closest Rad, no heat on the other

Circulating pump might be barely functioning, or you have blockages in pipework or pipes to radiator are too narrow and long.
The other circuit that goes to rest of radiators also needs balanced or it will also rob the flow from your rad A and rad B

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to No circulation through radiator in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock