Search the forum,

Discuss No hot water in bath in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

Lee_m_c

Hot water for my bathroom appears to be only available at certain times a day (before 8am or after 6pm)

This happens if I switch the heating on during the day.

There is hot water in the kitchen, but I cannot run anything other than a cold bath.

There are no water pressure issues.

Can anyone understand why I only have hot water available in my bath at certain times of the day?

EDIT:

Actually there is no hot water downstairs at these times either.

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
What type of system? Boiler make and model. Do you have a cold water cistern in the loft and a hot water cylinder in an airing cupboard? Is it gas, oil, electric, other?

You need to look at your controls ! check what times your programmer is set to could be you need to re-set times or you could have a faulty timer.

You need to look at your controls ! check what times your programmer is set to could be you need to re-set times or you could have a faulty timer.

Timer is switched off as it's summer, and my landlord tells me the hot water should never go off. I switch the heating on to try and see if that helps and there is heating but not hot water.

Also the timer doesn't have separate timings for heating or water.

Have you got a combi boiler ? if so check water pressure in system, its also possible that timer is wired wrong, Can you put the name and model of boiler ? do you have a hot water tank ?? or just a boiler ?

I'm starting to think that the whole hot water system has gone down. I think the boiler is Worcester 28i, but I'm not sure.

The pressure valve under the boiler seems to be losing pressure pretty quickly at the moment.

OK 28i or 28i junior both are combi boilers, if you are loosing water as fast has you say then you have got a problem with boiler, Your Landlord needs to get someone in ASAP, can you see any water leaking out anywhere ? maybe outside ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to No hot water in bath in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
I have an ideal vogue max S18 boiler and I’m considering fitting auto balancing TRVs, my question relates to the boilers pump. I see a boiler pump menu for either 70% or 100%, so, is the pump set at either one of two fixed speed percentages or does the pump actually vary speed, (modulate)...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock