Search the forum,

Discuss No hot water in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

philpolish

HI all bit of a tricky one but I thought I would ask anyway. I work as a handyman in a nursing home, plumber has been in to replace a bath and turn room into a wet room. He has fitted pipework, waiting for floor to be covered so he is away for a few days. But there is no hot water upstairs so I am trying to solve problem. From the bath he took out there was a good flow from the hot water. Now in the adjacent room which is teed off from his shower there is no pressure. Also a lot of other rooms there is low pressure no hot water anyhwere. There is another bathroom opposite to the one he has done where there is a hot water tank which is hot. When I touched the pipe coming out the top of the tank which should feed the bath the pipe was hot but when you turned the water on to bath water came out hot for about 10 seconds then went cold. Also I noticed the pipe from the tank was getting cold. So I thought cold water was getting in from somewhere.
I went into loft and found the tank expansion pipe has fell into water tank so was sucking cold water into pipe. After this the pipe stays hot all the time so I thought I had solved the problem but still no hot water.

I would be gratefull for any help if anybody can understand what I have wrote.
Cheers Phil.

By the way there are mixers valves attached so water doesnt go over a certain temp.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to No hot water in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock