Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement

Discuss No HW to Shower on unvented system in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

1. Greg1955

Greg1955 New Member

Can anyone solve this mystery?
    Just had an unvented cylinder installed and consequently needed to change a fully working power shower for a mixer shower. I isolated the shower using two chrome isolating valves under the shower tray; removed the power shower; changed the pipework in the shower cubicle and then turned the two isolating valves back on to check for leaks before fixing the Mixer. Cold supply was fine but I have NO water from the hot supply!
    Prior to the fitting of the unvented cylinder the (power) shower was working fine. I have also noticed that the shower at the rear of the house (utility room) on ground floor also now has no hot water flow. This shower was also previously working fine. I assumed at first that the valve on the Power Shower supply had failed but now I have discovered a very similar (identical?) problem with the second shower it seems unlikely. All other H&C outlets work fine. The two showers are plumbed separately .

Any ideas would be appreciated.

2. ShaunCorbs

ShaunCorbs S. Mod Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

sounds like they havent connected the pipework for the old showers up

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Last Plumber

Last Plumber Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

Get the installer back to sort it under warranty

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Greg1955

Greg1955 New Member

Shaun,
    You may very well be right but I guess I tended to avoid that conclusion because two separately plumbed showers were involved. You may recall that you responded to another of my posts recently regarding the incorrect installation of a horizontal unvented cylinder (it had been installed on its side - i.e. with tappings in the 3'o clock position rather than at 12 o' clock). The plumber is returning Thursday to re install and I wonder if the failing HW supply to the showers could just be another symptom of the incorrect installation?

5. ShaunCorbs

ShaunCorbs S. Mod Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

The cylinder install won't effect the showers but it shows lack of compenticy / knowledge

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Chalked

Chalked Plumber GSR

The old cylinder might have a direct hot supply , that's been disconnected.
    Might have been in the cylinder cupboard. But I bet it had been taken off the vent in the loft.

7. Greg1955

Greg1955 New Member

Chalked,
    Thanks for that , I'll get the plumber to investigate