Search the forum,

Discuss No inhibitor, Primatic Cylinder, new radiators in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi All,

So I found out the central heating system in my house has a Primatic cylinder so I can’t add inhibitor due to the risk of the water and hot water mixing.

I am just fitting some TRV’s and wanted to replace 3 old rads with some new ones whilst the system is drained down.

Eventually a new combi boiler will be going in and the whole system updated, but could be another year or two at most.

As for radiators they all seem to state they need inhibitor, as this isn’t a choice, I’m thinking of going cheap, then replace when the boiler gets done - or is it really that big a deal?
For example:
Kudox Premium Type 22 Double Convector Radiator White 600 x 1600mm

I know the current system is very old and already has two ‘new’ style radiators and the water in the system seems clear.

You should be fine with decent rads aslong as your not constantly pulling air in

I fit stelrads or centre rads most of the time. Had a few Kudox rads 5 years old pinhole and leak.

Thanks again Shaun, for once the system seems to have a little win, in the last year I’ve not had to bleed one rad in the system. Spoken to the previous owner and he can't remember the last time he did one either.

Thanks Harvest Fields, I'll have a look at the Stelrads, they seem like a similar kind of price.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to No inhibitor, Primatic Cylinder, new radiators in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock