Search the forum,

Discuss Noise from behind the shower unit? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

Just joined the forum this evening.
I need some help/advice

The problem....

Past month or so my Tower shower unit is making screeching/whistling noises, this happens most of the time throughout the day, more so when you flush the toilet or run the taps, the noise is worse. Even when there is no running taps or toilets being flushed the noise is still there, it comes and goes.

I had a plumber look at it, he removed the unit from the wall and ran the water tap/flushed the toilet...no noise..as soon as he put it back onto the wall the noise comes back. He think it was the pipes behind the controls of the shower unit as there isnt much space for the pipes and to add to this, water leaks from the shower head most of the time when the noise is there. At times the shower head vibrates and it sounds like someone is drilling behind the shower unit.

Having said that, the shower unit has been perfectly fine for the last 6 years and this just started happening a month or so ago.

Anyone come across this issue before or know what is causing this?

Thanks,

i would say its the internals of the shower something like a regulator or cartridge

If you can't get spares yes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Noise from behind the shower unit? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Desperate for some help! Be a life saver of someone can help as suffer from a high intolerance to noise. Moved into new house 1940s (copper pipes) and having serious issues with banging pipes only when central heating is on. Not when running taps We have a wall in living room that has stop tap...
Replies
Views
Could someone tell me what this is, please? (coming from a Joule Cyclone unvented cylinder) It was making a distinct knocking, vibrating, rattling sound, I turned it slightly clockwise, and the noise stopped instantly. The system is 2.5 years old. is there something I need to do to prevent...
Replies
Views
This issue arose about a year ago. Does anyone have an idea why I occasionally hear (about once every hour or longer) a hammer related noise coming from my copper water pipes when no water is being used? It basically sounds like the noise you hear after the water shuts off when your toilet bowl...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Got a strange grating noise when the mains water is running in a property I'm looking after. It's a ground floor flat, with a first floor flat above it, and both share the same mains water pipe, and I believe the stopcock behind the washing machine isolates all water to both properties...
Replies
Views
i can't tell if my shower tap (cock stop) is leaking or not ...............so after showering, the shower head will drip fast for 2 hours, then drip slowly after that...........i put a bucket under the shower head to collect the water for 26 hours the first time.............then 19 hours the...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock