Search the forum,

Discuss Non invasive leak detection in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been asked to investigate pressure loss in a heating system.

Pressure relief valve is ok.
Expansion vessel is OK.
Boiler heat exchanger is OK, plus it's a new boiler anyway.

Cannot see leaks under the floors. But there is one screed floor with one radiator. The pipes are copper in a plastic sleeving. The start and end of the sleeving is visible, so would have thought water would have been seen coming from there if it were those pipes.

It is a slow leak anyway, but can be seen on the gauge with the pressure loss.

So, non invasive electronic leak detection type people time?

Possible leak, nothing visible, slight loss in pressure noticed on the gauge. Expansion vessel ok, PRV not letting by.

So, trace and access? Could they detect a leak if it were in screed which is covered by tiles/laminate?

Cheers.

Thermal imaging camera can pick up some things

Last edited by a moderator:
Have you tried turning the boiler valves off to see if the boiler is leaking ?

Can you not do as Shaun said to prove whether it is Boiler or Heating then if it's Heating, cap off that section under screed and test again?

As above , had it own home recently .Under laminate floor as well.
Small pressure loss isolaTed boiler to prove it was circuit.

Had leaks all over the circuit so ended up doing a full repipe via insurance claim.

Last edited:
Seen good results of leak detection with a thermal imaging camera. good excuse to buy one, then a very useful bit of kit for flushing, fault detection, damp detection, insulation etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Non invasive leak detection in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have been facing central heating low pressure on unvented hot water RM Cylinders but can't see any leak on the PRV, expansion vessels and plasterboard celling. I have got unvented pressurized RM Cylinders hot water system with 27KW Worchester gas boiler with expansion vessels . When...
Replies
Views
losing pressure
L
Some advice please about a really worrying problem. I live in a terraced 2 bed room house. 10 days ago the gas combi boiler stopped heating the radiators but still gave hot water to the shower and taps. Naturally we thought there was a fault with the boiler. We had already arranged a yearly...
Replies
Views
Oil boiler (now~15 years old) unvented system with 17 radiators. We moved in 5 years ago and I had to keep bleeding the same radiator. The bleed gas could be burned with a blue flame and the water was acidic (pH 5.5). Since then system has been chemically flushed (it was not too bad) and the...
Replies
Views
I have a pressure leak on my CH system. Our piping is buried in the walls (maybe a mistake) and the room-to-room pipes are now covered by flooring making it difficult to detect any leaks if there is no yellowing happening on the ceilings below. We have noticed that we need to top up the system...
Replies
Views
My Grant combi oil boiler is giving me quite a headache at the moment. When I returned home last Friday I'd no heating or hot water. An engineer called the next day and diagnosed a faulty pressure switch. This was changed and everything seemed ok. However then the boiler began to lose pressure...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock