Search the forum,

Discuss notifying unvented cylinder in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

markfxy

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
I don't do enough unvented to justify paying my cps scheme for unvented, does anyone know the procedure for registering direct with building control?

Pretty sure you can Mark , but that is still a costly price depending on your council

Errrr you don't do enough?
As you know, you shouldn't be doing any.

Its simple, phone your local building control and inquire, they will then give you a control number for a fee. They will inspect and sign off if all is proper and if not charge you the same again to do the same again after whats not correct is rectified. I did the same with an annex I built and saved a good amount of money but I doubt that very much concerning an un-vented cylinder when a registered guy could do it when part of a competent persons scheme for a couple of quid

Last edited:
why shouldn't I be doing any then chalked maybe you know something I don't?

Just like gas safe. If your not part of a competent persons scheme. Your not meant to work on it. If you are G3 registered, I apologise. then you can notify them yourself.

You only need to be competent to install but registered to register its all straight forward

IMG_0041.PNG
You only need to be competent to install but registered to register its all straight forward
To be classed as competent, you need to be G3 registered.

I am, have been for years just seems a waste of money paying for cps when I might only do 1 or 2 a year

The competence is to have the certification to install, but to register you have to pay either way

I've got the certification to install g3 lasts for five years what I don't want is to pay nappit/nic every year

FYI building control will want around 150-200

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to notifying unvented cylinder in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock