Search the forum,

Discuss Novice Biomass installer..Basic system configuration help??? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi.
New to the forum and only a keen diy-er but hopefull someone can help. I've done several full domestic heating systems over the years albeit conventional open vented ones.
This time i have a non-domestic(workspace) system planned.
I'll set it out briefly.

20KW 'Burnit wbs active' biomass boiler. (2.5-3bar opp. pressure)..emergency mains fed danfoss safety valve.
21-60 Laddomat pump set up.
1000 litre 'Sunsystem' twin coil buffer tank.
150 litre floor mount pressure vessel.
8 medium sized cast iron rads.

I'm fairly confident I can hook this all up to run. I only need a single heating circuit for the rads with no DHW/draw off requirement.
I'm thinking of fitting a permanent cold main filling loop, check valve, strainer, PRV, pressure gauge, auto vents and possibly using both tank coils hooked up as one for heating.

What has got me stumped so far is trying to work out the pipe layout for the heating circuit. I can't get my head around how the pressurising of the heating circuit occurs. Is it served by tank pressure and opened via a PRV bypass, pumped through the tank coil, zone valve, rads etc?..
If so, will the heating circuit flow remain 'isolated' from the tank and flowing through the tank coil or would it necessarily have to return to the buffer tank and/or Laddomat pump before recirculation.???

Any thoughts much appreciated!!

They'll be plenty of others along who will agree that as you don't even has a basic understanding of how a sealed system works you shouldn't be trying to design and install this system.

Get someone in who understands it.
If you are also the employer of people in this Workspace and your designed and installed system goes wrong and injures someone you employ, say goodbye to your freedom.

They'll be plenty of others along who will agree that as you don't even has a basic understanding of how a sealed system works you shouldn't be trying to design and install this system.

Get someone in who understands it.
If you are also the employer of people in this Workspace and your designed and installed system goes wrong and injures someone you employ, say goodbye to your freedom.

Are we to take the same line with all amateurs who work on sealed heating systems?

Is the OP going to get Building Control involved for the biomass installation? If he is, then why shouldn't he DIY it?

The storage vessel could be open-vented for all we know.

Reply to Novice Biomass installer..Basic system configuration help??? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock