Search the forum,

Discuss obsolete Glow worm return pipe in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello

I am looking for a boiler part that is obsolete :

Return pipe part no S801048 for a Glow worm energy saving combi GC 2 80 47 047 13, model no 801091.

British Gas have said they can’t fix my 80 year old mum’s boiler without it. I’ve discovered the boiler has been dripping for months (floorboards soaked when I lifted the carpet), and BGas didn’t even notice when they came to do the annual service in October. All round unhelpful and taking money off an old lady for several decades without taking appropriate responsibility.

Anyway, rant aside, any help appreciated. I have done the obvious things of searching online, phoning places (including Glow worm). Just hoping someone has one hidden in a stock room somewhere!

Thank you

Mysha

Mysha, is the pipe in the boiler or the return pipe underneath.

Can't blame BG for the manufacturer stopping production of a part or the wet floor. Get a good local engineer in to change the boiler asap.

The thing here is you don`t know exactly when it started leaking, ask the neighbours for anybody they recommend for boilers.

Thank you all. I am not blaming BG for the part being obsolete. However if you take money from someone every month for care of the boiler, how does that exclude checking for leaks when the boiler pressure is low? The boiler is in an easily accessible place. The BG engineer did not bother to check the pipes, and seemingly for a long time. Mum is lucky I spotted this (she can't see or smell very well). How many pensioners are paying for peace of mind, yet exposed to similar issues resulting from lack of due care?.
Waiting now for a local engineer to be recommended.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to obsolete Glow worm return pipe in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock