Search the forum,

Discuss Odd width sized radiator. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am looking to replace a bedroom radiator, we had one f the same age and design burst a little while back. The one that burst was 1200mm wide X 60mm high. The one I want to replace is 1150 wide X 600 high. I'm acting trouble finding one. There are spacers on either end of 25mm that fit onto the Vv's, which obviously take it up to the 1200mm, but there will still be the need for a male and female fitting to connect the rad to the Vv, the pipework protrudes through the floor by about 4" and im guessing there will be a certain amount of give in them, would I be better off getting an 1100mm rad instead and fitting spacers, which would be quite lengthy.

It will probably stand off the wall to a “different measurement “. Its a simple job for us but unless you are very confident, fitting , draining , re-filling etc etc it will be cheaper in the long run to pay to change it ...

Hi, i am going to get a plumber to do the job, just wanted to know my options with the radiator, both sizes give !ore tan the required output for the room, just dont want to have to rip the floor up.

To do properly jon , the floor will have to come up , unless you put spacers on or the plumber can offset the pipes.

I thought as much, I'm having a new boiler fitted next Friday and they are power flushing and draining the system, I was going to ask them to replace it if they had time. Thought it would have been easier if I had one waiting for them.

Easiest thing to do is tell the company who is doing the flushing and boiler changeover what you have told us and let them handle it.
There should be time enough available on the day for them to change a radiator. Just give them notice of the size so that they can source one and the spacers

No, wouldn't do that, that would put me on the same level as the tradesman that quotes for a job and tries changing it halfway through because "it would be better for you if I did it this way", because it's too difficult for them!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Odd width sized radiator. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock