Search the forum,

Discuss Oh no ravenheat csi 85 AAA combi commissioning problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain.rick

Gas Engineer
Hi all, i know everyone is probably going to say the usual about this boiler but please let me explain.

ive only been doing gas since this year and trying to get work in my area, a landlord asked me to replace his revenheat with like for like (which he has already purchased) i agreed (reluctantly) but needed the cash and possibility of landlord certs etc

i removed old and replaced with with new everything the same, filled it up turned it on and even just on hw the pressure rises over 2 and then burner stops but no hot pipes anywhere. Auto airvent was open, vented pump (screw driver) it does gargle and bubble so turned to very low and run heating - same thing.. High pressure then burner goes out eventually red light comes on front (overheating i pressume)

i drained down again and refilled it. Same again only when i run the heating and it went high pressure etc there was a bit of hot water go down the return?! It is piped up correctly i checked and double checked. I also took divert head off and checked pin inside wasnt stuck and it wasnt.

im lost... Does anyone know what i could do before ringing ravenheat Monday? I felt like telling this guy to shove it up his f*cking ar*e but i really need the money and i hate being beaten by things.

Sounds like you may have an airlock in the primaries. Try opening a drain off downstairs and dragging some water through, or crack a joint in airing cupboard see if you can get some flow through it

did you follow the MFIs to the T, sounds like restriction on water flow, be it an airlock, pump not working of flow or return closed, all rads opened? blockage somewhere? get back to basics having ensured you have followed the manual to the full, or reversed connection on flow/return or even a jammed pump -is it turning, thats very common

Yep sounds like air to me , if you struggle and need to ring Ravenheat , ask for John Wilson hes a pal of mine and no manufacturer will give you tec info and help like him .

Sounds like you may have an airlock in the primaries. Try opening a drain off downstairs and dragging some water through, or crack a joint in airing cupboard see if you can get some flow through it

it is a combi................ :)

bet the pump is seized..........

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the fast response aquazone, the pipework is a bit of a jumble and the flow comes round the top of the garage down the left side of boiler and the into the bottom. All the others come along the bottom of the garage to the bottom of boiler. The only drain off there is, is on the return pipe. (Theres two on d/stairs rads but both are unusable) so when i drained it, i only got half the house as boiler in garage works out to be just higher than d/stairs radiator height. When i cracked the flow pipe at boiler it was gargling but emptying still for nearly an hour. When it came to refilling all the downstairs rads were still full but upstairs obviously empty. I have no where else to try to get air out?
I evern undone the nut on hex and water run out of that, i closed flow vale and opened boiler nut and water came through.... Cant think where else to vent it?as i said before i even drained (as best I could) and refilled and it was the same

did you follow the MFIs to the T, sounds like restriction on water flow, be it an airlock, pump not working of flow or return closed, all rads opened? blockage somewhere? get back to basics having ensured you have followed the manual to the full, or reversed connection on flow/return or even a jammed pump -is it turning, thats very common
Yeah followed them, and pump felt like it was running.

did you stick a screwdriver into the pump if u can to check or if not on the pump to have a listen to it (like a stethoscope)

did you stick a screwdriver into the pump if u can to check or if not on the pump to have a listen to it (like a stethoscope)

No i didnt mate, it felt like it was vibrating as if running but ill stick a screwdriver in when i go back there and see what happens, is it common then?

Very common with new erp pumps! They don't seem to have the strength on start up as the old ones.

Yep sounds like air to me , if you struggle and need to ring Ravenheat , ask for John Wilson hes a pal of mine and no manufacturer will give you tec info and help like him .

Hey, spoke to john wilson (he answered phone by chance)! He was a top bloke, really helpfull, cracked a few jokes and talked me through everything step by step. Top man, can't fault him or ravenheats customer service!

the pump wasn't working properly so he suspects the pcb, sending someone out tomorrow morning, hows that for service?

Thanks all for your help and advice

Hey, spoke to john wilson (he answered phone by chance)! He was a top bloke, really helpfull, cracked a few jokes and talked me through everything step by step. Top man, can't fault him or ravenheats customer service!

the pump wasn't working properly so he suspects the pcb, sending someone out tomorrow morning, hows that for service?

Thanks all for your help and advice

Just what I said , lol . John is 'ravenheat '

Agree about John Wilson,but why do so many Ravenheats come out the box faulty,or fail within a week or so.The new ones look well made,but still the same problems.?

Its the first one ive ever seen and fitted, not a confidence builder in the product.
John was ace, the man came out to fix the next day he wasnt as friendly as john but he was ok... Put a new board in-still didn't work.

Wiring loom was next thing on his list but i had to goto another job so don't actually know what was wrong. The tenant text to say its all working so they are happy.

Cant moan about the service received by ravenheat they fixed it pretty quick!

For the money , pound for pound they are great little boilers , but yes they do seem to have problems, as said they realy help if there are any problems. I dont ring many manufacturers but ring ravenheat, straight through, a friendly voice at the other end expert help . A lot of the big boiler manufacturers could learn from them.
They have a new range out called 'white heat ' which as a budget boiler looks hard to beat.

Captain rick , where are you based ? I am interested to find out what was wrong with it .

Update...... As you said engineer put a board in , and noticed the clock was dim, he put another clock in and off it went ...

From the horses mouth lol

Update...... As you said engineer put a board in , and noticed the clock was dim, he put another clock in and off it went ...

From the horses mouth lol

Brill! I did notice the clock was playing up too but was trying to get the dhwbetc sorted (didnt think it could be linked) but obviously board was dhw and heating coukd have been both!

Thanks for all advice and for coming back to memate, really appreciate it

This is what I mean,all this should'nt be happening on a regular basis. I know they are cheap,but Ravenheats seminars around the country and day courses promise you that the bad reputation they have was'nt their fault but B&Qs, now they only make top quality boilers,but they should work out the box without 2 visits from Ravenheat to fix it

This is what I mean,all this should'nt be happening on a regular basis. I know they are cheap,but Ravenheats seminars around the country and day courses promise you that the bad reputation they have was'nt their fault but B&Qs, now they only make top quality boilers,but they should work out the box without 2 visits from Ravenheat to fix it

agree,12 years,500 plus baxis,out 6 times,not bad,always next day and always sorted

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Oh no ravenheat csi 85 AAA combi commissioning problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock