Search the forum,

Discuss Oh no , the smart meter installers strike in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

townfanjon

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
I know a load of my pals have had a few , but today was my first .

Lady down the road rang yesterday but I couldnt get to her . New gas and lecky meter fitted , they found the tiniest bit of soot on an ILFE and turned everything off .!! .
She was surprisingly calm with no heat and hot water, she said the blokes doing it seemed to enjoy cutting it off.

Neighbour had the electric smart meter installed (no gas to house), used to be on economy 7 overnight until then, took them 12 months to admit to it and put right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Oh no , the smart meter installers strike in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I live in Azerbaijan and am looking to revamp the water system in my house. The first thing is that I don't have a water meter - probably a good thing as my mother in law pours tonnes of water on the garden in summer, mostly watering weeds as she can't tell the difference from grass. But the...
Replies
Views
Hi Everyone, For those who like a long read but I could rally do with some advice. Might be a bit long this. For background. A gardener/landscaping friend of mine is going to install an irrigation system in a customer's garden. He asked me to pop around and measure the pressures and flowrates...
Replies
Views
Hi I recently had a smart meter installed and shortly after my water tank stopped working - it is an electric tank, I have no gas supply. As part of the smart meter installation they turned off the electric supply. I have attached a picture of one of the front parts of the water heater. I am...
Replies
Views
Hi all, First off, I'm just a homeowner looking for advice, I'm not a gas engineer. On Friday I had smart meters installed and 5 times since then (never previously), the 3-year-old Ideal Logic + Combi boiler has made a fairly loud humming/vibrating noise while running hot water for a few...
Replies
Views
I am new gas safe and met hard situation when I did gas safety check on large property with 3 acre site. The property is old and large size, installed two 30KW heat only gas boiler to supply CH and DHW, range cooker and gas hob. I was be told the meter is installed at the entrance of the...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock