Search the forum,

Discuss Old Faces, where did they go?... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingDoey

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Good evening all,

I am more of a lurker on here and don't often post that much.

Haven't really been on in a while but have noticed some old faces don't seem to be on here anymore? Namely Croppie?

Did he just up and leave? Used to enjoy watching him shut threads down on people

Last edited:
I dont know any details mate but there was lets say
“ a fall out “ lol , a lot on another forum , but still plenty old faces on here , plus a lot of new ones .

A few of the old hands moved on but a few stayed, but we've had some great new members

Roger that. Thanks for the replies. Hope everyone is well

It is a different forum now.
The Mods and most of the regular members left when changes were made here.
Very few on here that were regulars, come to think of it.

Haven't been posting much lately but do lurk here often. I've noticed members are a bit friendlier towards first time posters like DIY'ers and the like which I think is a good thing. We might know our stuff as professionals in what we do but we have to be polite, helpful and understanding - not 'clicky' and obnoxious as it [often] was in the past.

Joe Public comes here for advice because that's what the website offers. They don't come here to be ridiculed for their lack of knowledge. I'm glad that those days are gone.

Members here are obviously proud of their trade and a bit of free advice now and again only serves to promote our professionalism.

Hardly enough original members on here to be rude tbh. :p Nor enough to have a good mix.
Must only be about 3 or 4 of the original very regular members that still appear here now, I reckon. Most of the rest are either occasional past regulars, or new or fairly new members.

Joe Public comes here for advice because that's what the website offers. They don't come here to be ridiculed for their lack of knowledge. I'm glad that those days are gone.
I for one don`t think they were ridiculed unless it was "I`m an engineer therefore tell me how to fix my gas appliance!"

On a different note I was sad to see a first timer post a second hand boiler for sale though, could easily have been stolen and there used to be a rule against that.

I for one don`t think they were ridiculed unless it was "I`m an engineer therefore tell me how to fix my gas appliance!"

On a different note I was sad to see a first timer post a second hand boiler for sale though, could easily have been stolen and there used to be a rule against that.
I believe that the rule still stands mate.

It definately seems more relaxed around here these days RPM

I thought so to until yesterday when the mod deleted all comments made by members and instead said contact the op via a pm.
What's next anybody want a load of cordless power tools?

thing is how do you know / prove its stolen, unless someone on here has lost a 15kw vaillant ?

thing is how do you know / prove its stolen, unless someone on here has lost a 15kw vaillant ?
I believe the rule was there so you didn`t have to be judge & jury.
It was good rule and protected the integrity of the forum which has a high number of professional's amongst it`s members.

That is my last word on the matter.

I think even though people liked the past and there was a lot of regulars here we should start carrying on despite the people are missed.

It's sad because there were a lot of people with a huge knowledge which gave good advises and help. There are still dozens of good trustworthy engineers on here which is great and a lot good engineers have joined the forum.
Perhaps, we all should start looking ahead. It seems like whenever we get back to the subject we have misunderstandings and that will lead to problems. Better of, trying to build a new community and keep the forum alive. I really enjoy the forum and feel always great to come on here especially when I need an advise apor a help.

Well I see a forum held together by less than a dozen members. With a massive input from Shaun.
Flour coat it as much as you want but it's definitely not as good as it was.

Still I'll help out where I can, especially with the oil and especially with fellow professionals.

Well I see a forum held together by less than a dozen members. With a massive input from Shaun.
Flour coat it as much as you want but it's definitely not as good as it was.

Have to say this sums it up. UKPF by name only. The original and best is gone. The old forum was unique, even if it did have some faults.
Only for Shaun's input this new forum wouldn't work, therefore it currently hangs on by this one member.
The original Mods and members that walked away to another forum are a massive number and ripped the soul from here sadly.
I guess it takes a few years to build new members like we had.

Have to say this sums it up. UKPF by name only. The original and best is gone. The old forum was unique, even if it did have some faults.
Only for Shaun's input this new forum wouldn't work, therefore it currently hangs on by this one member.
The original Mods and members that walked away to another forum are a massive number and ripped the soul from here sadly.
The hardest thing in the world to deal with for many is change. Not everyone likes it and not everyone is perfect. But I think that we are all trying to get to the same place which is help people with their heating and plumbing questions and issues. I for one know that I am not perfect but I do what I can and if I don’t know I don’t comment on a thread. However we can not please everyone and everyone is entitled to their opinion.

The hardest thing in the world to deal with for many is change. Not everyone likes it and not everyone is perfect. But I think that we are all trying to get to the same place which is help people with their heating and plumbing questions and issues. I for one know that I am not perfect but I do what I can and if I don’t know I don’t comment on a thread. However we can not please everyone and everyone is entitled to their opinion.

The wording I used " the original and best is gone" was only meant to refer to the old original forum, not a slur on you or any members. There are clearly great professionals on here, like yourself, doing a brilliant job. But there is undoubtably a loss of mixed experience and back up to this forum due to the exodus of nearly all the big players and also most of rest of original members.
I like to see the forum improving, but only the format is improved from old.
This is now a new forum, in all but name.

The wording I used " the original and best is gone" was only meant to refer to the old original forum, not a slur on you or any members. There are clearly great professionals on here, like yourself, doing a brilliant job. But there is undoubtably a loss of mixed experience and back up to this forum due to the exodus of nearly all the big players and also most of rest of original members.
I like to see the forum improving, but only the format is improved from old.
This is now a new forum, in all but name.
Sorry mate. Been a long day and vented when I shouldn’t have. Was about to Apologise but you responded first. :) Just meant that it should be great again at some point but things take time when they are altered so much. I do get you point as well.

It definitely has changed 360' ... I can definitely see the difference between now and the old forum. Whatever happened between those lads shouldn't have happened. I guess we are all old enough to sort things out. However, I cannot and will not judge on what have happened. I just think it's very sad to see that I portent people are really gone for good and that's a big shame.
As you said @Best it will take time to build a good forum with good people. We already have gained quite a few new ones which are very active with a good input. No doubt ShaunCorbs is the most active on here, I don't know how he does but well done :)

Sorry mate. Been a long day and vented when I shouldn’t have. Was about to Apologise but you responded first. :) Just meant that it should be great again at some point but things take time when they are altered so much. I do get you point as well.

My wording didn't read right with "the original and best" when I reread it later, so sorry about that Harvest. I had used the word "original" stupidly both for the old forum and later for the ex members, which then read wrong. :oops:
What I meant was the original forum was better, but unfortunately it is gone.
It is hard to find the tone of a letter

I spend more time on the Facebook gas safe forum these days, as it's more fire the installers. It can be brutal tho.
Still have a fondness for this forum. And check in most days, even tho I don't post as much.
Well done Shaun for holing it together.

No doubt ShaunCorbs is the most active on here, I don't know how he does but well done :)

Everytime I look on this forum, early or late, Shaun seems to be on, often replying first.
I think 'he' is really just a computer, installed with large memory files about plumbing. :)

Everytime I look on this forum, early or late, Shaun seems to be on, often replying first.
I think 'he' is really just a computer, installed with large memory files about plumbing. :)
Perhaps he sleeps on his laptop :) he really answers like a machine

giphy.gif

And it's not just me there are many others most have posted in this thread

Also a few that haven't last kop etc

My wording didn't read right with "the original and best" when I reread it later, so sorry about that Harvest. I had used the word "original" stupidly both for the old forum and later for the ex members, which then read wrong. :oops:
What I meant was the original forum was better, but unfortunately it is gone.
It is hard to find the tone of a letter
No worries. Let’s just hope that the future is bright and beautiful.

Wow! Not been on here for well over a year until recently. Everything seems to have changed. On another note how do I start a new post please?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Old Faces, where did they go?... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I want to reconnect some outbuildings to an existing water supply. The supply pipe is old 22mm MDPE and buried for a fair distance so not going to dig it up and replace it 😬. Question is can I use normal 22mm plumbing push-fit connectors to make the connection as finding 22mm MDPE fittings...
Replies
Views
Copper pipes, I think its fair to say, is not what it used to be, the copper is getting thin while the cost is going up. Meanwhile, plastic Pushfit seems to be getting better and better, cost and convenience was always better, but now the quality is to, have we reached a stage where plastic will...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock