Search the forum,

Discuss Old Pegler basin tap in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sox

Hi Guys,

I have a old Pegler basin tap which is leaking. I want to replace the washer but I have no idea how to get the cross top handle off. The top of the handle has a red hard plastic indice which I tried to remove to try to get to the screw but it seems impossible to remove. Any ideas on what I should try?

Thanks

Providing it does not have a screw in the side of the cross head, it means you have to force the indice out, possibly destroying it in the process. Get that off and it's then a good old-fashioned DIY job to strip, replace washer and GREASE IT UP!

thereisawizza - Thankyou for your reply. No screw on the side so I think I will take your advice and force the indice out. I was going to try this first but I thought I didn't want to damage it. But if there is no other way I will just have to go with it. Thanks again.

On some of these old taps sometimes you can get it apart without removing the X-head, wind it right out and you may have enough room to get a thin jaw spanner in to undo workings

• Agree
Reactions: deg
With respect to Wizza, please DO NOT just shove any old grease in there. it MUST be silicone grease as normal grease will attack o-rings etc.
Lastly, replace ALL O rings. cleaning up and lubing their bearing surfaces with SG too. That way they will last years and years and years and... ;)

With respect to Wizza, please DO NOT just shove any old grease in there. it MUST be silicone grease as normal grease will attack o-rings etc.
Lastly, replace ALL O rings. cleaning up and lubing their bearing surfaces with SG too. That way they will last years and years and years and... ;)
Good point!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Old Pegler basin tap in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock