Search the forum,

Discuss Olive Cutter or puller in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi.
I need to remove this shower valve and I'm a little worried about causing damage to any pipe work.

What's the process and how do I blank off the pipes whilst tanking the shower area.

I can decide if a speedfit cap would be best, or assuming there is and olive on the each of the pipes, just attach an isolation valve.
What can I expect to find?

If there is an olive will I need to replace it when reinstall the same valve, or can I leave it on?

Thanks.
Really worried about this stage of the job.

IMG_20180421_194604219.jpg

Undo the nut cloest to the wall and use a 15mm compression cap end

As above blank off with the 1/2"part of a 15mm compression cap . cheers kop

Compression cap?
Will I need to remove the olive upon re-installation? If so, what's the best method

Are you keeping the existing shower or changing it ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Olive Cutter or puller in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Winner
Hi all, I joined today and am a newbie at plumbing DIY. Thought I'd share my experience replacing the stopcock under my sink. The old one looked very corroded around the tap handle. An Anglian Water engineer was at the property measuring my water pressure and flow rate. When he saw the...
Replies
Views
I'm at the stage of my shower replacement where I have a new shower head to screw into the wall pipes. I tried it, turned on the shower, and find there are light leaks. Obviously I need to fix this so I got some Blue plumbers tape. Trouble is, the pipe doesn't stick out enough to easily wrap the...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I'm running copper pipework for my new bathroom and there's a spot about the isolation valve which is really tight because everything has to fit behind the wall until it can run under the bath and there wasn't much space as there's a sink there too. Made a silly mistake with the...
Replies
Views
Hello hello,, Hoping there are some experts or experienced Bulgarian plumbing chaps in this site ?. Here in the UK I can fit a bathroom just with the experience I have picked up over a lifetime. I can make copper pipe runs isolaters taps sink shower etc but me and the missus have bought a small...
Replies
Views
The isolation valve connected directly to our toilet fill valve has started to leak (I assume the washer has deteriorated). I'd like to get a like-for-like replacement so that I can just do a straight swap of the entire isolation valve without having to worry about resizing pipes, but my google...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock