Search the forum,

Discuss One for the Vaillant experts. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Sharp Point

Hi guys, last year I was called to a ecotec pro 28 with a goosed pump.... sure it was a wilo. I replaced with the grundfos conversion kit, but I’ve had a call tonight off the customer that the pump is very noisy again.
I asked them to send me a recording and it’s definitely making a racket.
I thought that maybe all the trv’s were closing off and that the internal bypass maybe blocked, but apparently two of the radiators are trv free.

Anybody share their wisdom?

Thanks

Never had a problem with a pump on any of the ones I have fitted. However I was told recently that the new pumps can become noisy and sometimes even make a whistling noise. Can you put the recording on here? (If the possible)

Hi guys, last year I was called to a ecotec pro 28 with a goosed pump.. sure it was a wilo. I replaced with the grundfos conversion kit, but I’ve had a call tonight off the customer that the pump is very noisy again.
I asked them to send me a recording and it’s definitely making a racket.
I thought that maybe all the trv’s were closing off and that the internal bypass maybe blocked, but apparently two of the radiators are trv free.

Anybody share their wisdom?

Thanks

Doesn't ring any bells.
I'd need to hear it to have any idea.
AAV shut or dirty? Shot in the dark!!

I’ve tried loading the file, but the forum uploaded says it basically won’t take mp4

If it is the pump with an issue you might be best telling them to turn it off. If the Thermal fuse goes, they will be in a mess.

Di have a customer with 4 ecotecs approx 10 years old they have all had pumps I think some have had 2 boilers fitted correctly on low loss header, water clean and a magnetic filter commercial sized. Think this age of boiler was a poor design.

could be he sound of the bypass within boiler, try turning it an 1/8 of a turn and it sounds like a sort of buzzing/rattling sound

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to One for the Vaillant experts. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock