Search the forum,
  • Thread starter dontknowitall
  • Start date
  • Replies 13
  • Views 3K

Discuss Only secure content is displayed - Show all content in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

dontknowitall

Does anyone else get this pop up everytime you open a thread page?

Annoying and slows everything down, even if I do click the "Show all content" button.

(Laptop Internet Explorer 9)

It's one of internet explorers' many wonderful features that not only help you, but patronise you at the same time.
IE is basically telling you that it knows better than you, best solution is to download firefox and use that instead of IE.
Don't get me wrong - Internet Explorer is one of the very best browsers (for downloading another browser) :)

Its a pain in the bum. It's IE9 with AVG and has to do with your header. HTTPS is hyper text transfer protocol SECURE if IE9 and AVG are reading it as HTTP without the "S" then it asks you about displaying of content etc.

Do yourself a favour mate, get Firefox or better still use a operating system other than Windows as I do where it's impossible to get a virus. I use Kubuntu which is a version of Linux. Does everything far better than Windows, looks better than Windows and does it 50% faster and you can download stuff all day without worrying about Windows viruses.

Working OK with firefox , and something older than Vista . S in HTTPS attempting to SECURE

(if you are not on PAYpal / Bank /Shop ... should be OK without )

Here's a fix for that annoying pop up:

>>>>Internet Options> Security> Internet (the first wee icon in the box at top)> Custom level>Display mixed content,select enable, Instead of prompt.

This message has not been bothering me today, despite not changing any settings!

Here's a fix for that annoying pop up:

>>>>Internet Options> Security> Internet (the first wee icon in the box at top)> Custom level>Display mixed content,select enable, Instead of prompt.

Cheers , last time i went any where near IE ,it offered to Speed up my browsing experience by

" Dissabling another security Addon ! " ... Not what I was expecting ( Un-helpfull for novices)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Only secure content is displayed - Show all content in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

W
  • Question
My Worcester Combi Boiler is not working, instead the display flashes on and off repeatedly, as shown in <a href=" View: https://youtu.be/Touvx2c3RJE ">this video</a> I took when turning it back on this morning (it had been off overnight) - it shows the behaviour, but if that fails, all the...
Replies
Views
It was fitted with the boiler a Potterton Suprima 30L about 21 years ago. Two PCB's later and a new fan the boiler is working perfectly. However, the programmer display is not showing any digits for the clock or anything else so I am unable to program it. It still works the boiler manually...
Replies
Views
    • Funny
    • Optimistic
Hi, I've got a ferroli 901 boiler, I initially thought the pcb was at fault so bought a new one and I'm having the same problem ( has been connected correctly), I switch the boiler on, all correct leds light up, pump starts, fan starts, pilot fires up, then it shuts down, all lights go...
Replies
Views
    • Optimistic
Hello All, I know that this is a question for a Forum Moderator and probably should be posted in a section about the Forum itself but I was hoping to get some replies from Members about whether this is happening to anyone else: When I logged into the Forum this afternoon and went to look down...
Replies
Views
I have a home with an oil boiler in a garage turned into a flat, heating both flat and main house, running c plan with two pumps, two motorised valves simple bi-metal thermostat on wall in flat with 4 standard TRV's rarely used so not worried about the flat, and main house has Nest Gen 3 in the...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock