Search the forum,

Discuss Open vent system refill potential problem??? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

wally5460

Hi im after a bit of advice, i have been asked to reposition a radiator for a family member in a hallway, they have also requested that i run pipework from this rad to a new one positioned halfway up the stairs on a small landing area, my querie is will this cause me problems when trying to refill the system due to it being an open vented system with header tank in the loft. The new rad will be approx 1.5-2m higher than the repositioned one in the hall, will the head of the header tank be sufficient to push water up and into this rad? if this isnt good practise i will not be adding the extra rad as it isnt really essential. I hope this makes sense and somebody can point me in the right direction.

Thanks

yes i agree with plumbcrazy56 as long as the new radiator is below the level of the f&e tank in the loft it will be ok

agree with above.
potential problems with open vented systems, air locks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Open vent system refill potential problem??? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock