Search the forum,

Discuss OpenTherm on y-plan in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

phill111

Hi,
I've just had a Ideal Logic + 15 H installed. I was wondering how an OpenTherm thermostat would tie in with programmer and how would I replace the current thermostat (link it out on the terminals?)

Also, does the boiler know when its heating for hot-water or for the rads? It appears to be wired as according to the y-plan diagram on page 37 of the boiler installation manual (I'm not allowed to post urls) :-(

I'm trained electrically/electronic and work in a calibration department that deals with tempering plant and industrial oven control systems, so I know the basics!

you cannot do this yourself as it will entail going inside the boiler case. you need to get a gas safe engineer to do this for you, get your installer back to do it. it doesn't matter if you are an electronic engineer or not, you're not qualified or competent to do it.

you cannot do this yourself as it will entail going inside the boiler case. you need to get a gas safe engineer to do this for you, get your installer back to do it. it doesn't matter if you are an electronic engineer or not, you're not qualified or competent to do it.
The installed just looked a me blank when I mentioned OpenTherm!

Ok, but out of interest how would OpenTherm work in a y-plan system anyways? The OpenTherm thermostat can modulate the boiler temperature, so that once the room is warm it can back the temperature of the water going to the rads off. But how would it know if its heating the hot water cylinder?

Can the boiler heat both at once or does it just heat water or the house?

Using you link Phil if it means removing screws rather than being hinged then it is functional cover and the house owner can not do so, only a gas safe person can.

Was the installer gas safe registered and was the benchmark filled in and registered?

Using you link Phil if it means removing screws rather than being hinged then it is functional cover and the house owner can not do so, only a gas safe person can.

Was the installer gas safe registered and was the benchmark filled in and registered?

Yeah he is gas safe. I checked on the gas safe website. Benchmark? We've not received any paperwork, not even the bill!

the benchmark is in the back of the boiler manual which should have been left with you at the time

Right. To get at the electrics you have to remove the front panel which forms part of the combustion seal. To remove which you need to be a gsr.

So, on that basis.

Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to OpenTherm on y-plan in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock