Search the forum,

Discuss Out of normal working hours, rates in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jones82

Gas Engineer
Hello all

Forgive me if this has been brought up before but I have a customer who wants a dishwasher connecting.. simple enough, or so I thought.

However when I speak to him it turns out he cant get home till 1730 and the dishwasher isn't a straight swap, it requires new pipe work to be installed.

Firstly I'd rather not start a job after 4pm, as if you need something everywhere is shut. Secondly surely we should charge extra to work evenings or weekends, how much would you guys charge, time and a half?

Thanks

Ps: Its slightly annoyed me that he expects me to work late to facilitate his needs, doesn't even ask, just I can get home for 1730...

£40-50 an hour

Yep its an occupational hazard mate , IMO a decent customer would help out with a day off , somebody house sitting or what ever etc etc . But you obviously dont know the customers problems etc so have to respect that.
I wouldnt start that at 5.30 .
If it was one of my regulars, I probably wouldnt charge anymore , however a new customer yep I would be putting an extra 25% /30 % on ..at least .

just tell him out of hours rate increase by 50% or you can be there for 3pm i personally dont like starting any job after 4pm for those reasons as most of my work is breakdown or service and suppliers will be closed if something is needed

I personally would not start a job at that time either as previous posts have also stated, if it's a regular customer explain the situation to them & maybe they'll give you a key or have a neighbour/ family member to let you in......if its a new customer bang them a big hard bill for out of hours work...

No I would not do it, just tell him you only work normal Hrs., you would be surprised how meny try this on, if he wants you to do the job give him a time or try elsewhere, some people don't tink that you have a home life, why not Sat morning ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Out of normal working hours, rates in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock