Search the forum,

Discuss Outdoor insulation for overflow pipe in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eyespy999

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
evening,

I am looking at insulating a plastic overflow pipe 21.5mm? They have some cheap insultion down at wickes but looking at something that will last and not disolve with uv. Any reccomendation please?

Cheers!

evening,

I am looking at insulating a plastic overflow pipe 21.5mm? They have some cheap insultion down at wickes but looking at something that will last and not disolve with uv. Any reccomendation please?

Cheers!
Hi Eyespy,
I would recommend this pipe insulation never had an issue with this one.
[DLMURL]http://www.wickes.co.uk/Wickes-Economy-Pipe-Insulation-22mm-x-13mm-x-2m/p/137657[/DLMURL]

Last edited by a moderator:
Snowhead is right. It should be upgraded really if 21.5mm is ran externally.

Climaflex pipe insulation is rot proof and Non-Hydroscopic, it offers greater thermal conductivity than economy pipe insulation which only has a 13mm wall thickness it has a 25mm wall thickness. You can get it at most DIY outlets including screwfix. It would be good to know what the overflow is connected to though as mentioned above if its from the boiler it is not the correct size for external use.

Hi all thanks for the advice, it is a condensate pipe that is going to be insulated, it was installed a couple of years ago. I am going to be doing a power flush at the customers address and have been asked to insulate the pipe.

Eyespy, you could probably make a bit more money by upgrading it to 32mm. If you check the boiler manufacturer's installation instructions most I've seen insist on 32mm when the condensate pipe runs externally. To be honest, when we fit them we run them through the cavity wall in 40mm and out to the drain. No difference in cost really between them and it's certainly not going to freeze up in Winter!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Outdoor insulation for overflow pipe in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello everyone. New to the forum and looking for assistance / advice. I live in a rented house with a not very co-operative landlord. I have just discovered that my bath overflow drain pipe is not connected as the flexible drain tube looks like it has been cut off at some point. After studying...
Replies
Views
[ASIDE: I did wonder if this was the best forum for this but figured as it was a boiler related issue that the gas engineers would be dealing with it as a matter of course. If I'm wrong can someone let me know and I'll shift it to a better place.] I have a condensing boiler installation...
Replies
Views
Hi I recently did some pipe insulating in my loft. The only two I didn't do were the vent pipes. Not sure if that is the right term for them? They are the pipes that feed water back into the top of the tanks when there is excess, presumably from steam, expansion, etc. The one going to the cold...
Replies
Views
I have an overflow pipe (standard diameter 21.5mm) sticking out through a hole in a white uPVC fascia board at our house, but the overflow pipe is no longer required and could be removed. However, before removing it, I need some way of capping the hole - a white barrel plug, for example. Does...
Replies
Views
Hi I need some advice as this has been ongoing since august and nobody can find a problem but meantime water is damaging my walls. The lady upstairs had a plumber in July who relocated her washbasin shower and fitted a new radiator.He caused a bad leak and came to fix it in august and I thought...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock