Search the forum,

Discuss Outdoor tap leaking. Advice please. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi. My outdoor tap is leaking from one, possibly two places. I think it is mainly leaking from the bottom joint indicated by the arrow in the photo.
20170825_101834.jpg
Please can anyone advise how I can fix? Many thanks
Barbara

It might just want pinching up (tightening the nut)

But tbh I would get the tape professionally fitted and do away with the diy kit

It is probably leaking from the centre of the fitting above your top arrow. This will need replacing. Easy job for an experienced DIY person. Or if not a 10 minute job for a plumber. However I would change the whole set up of that tap as it is supppose to have a double chevk valve either in the tap itself or on the pipework

If this is one of those DIY out side tap kits from the DIY outlets better to get it done with correct materials,

Water runs downwards, piece of dry tissue paper starting at the top joint if it`s still dry move down to the next joint. As said in the first reply trying seeing if you can tighten the 2 nuts on the copper pipe a wee bit. Top nut to the right & bottom nut to the left.

No plumber surely would have done that job??
I do remember some customers buying those DIY tap kits, but I just used the tap out of the packet and forgot about the rest of the tat.
My advice would be do what I would if it was in my house and have it all repiped, probably using a tap flange at the hole the green hose appears from at present, if the higher height still suits. You need a plumber

Thanks Best. Easier said than done. Plumbers are elusive creatures. Rang two this afternoon..neither have returned my call.

I do remember some customers buying those DIY tap kits, but I just used the tap out of the packet and forgot about the rest of the tat.
My advice would be do what I would if it was in my house and have it all repiped, probably using a tap flange at the hole the green hose appears from at present, if the higher height still suits. You need a plumber
Water runs downwards, piece of dry tissue paper starting at the top joint if it`s still dry move down to the next joint. As said in the first reply trying seeing if you can tighten the 2 nuts on the copper pipe a wee bit. Top nut to the right & bottom nut to the left.

Opps!
Hey your not the first and you won't be the last :)

Thanks rpm. Tried tightening with not much luck. Back to watering can and doing a rain dance for my newly seeded lawn.

I suppose I could. The wall and deck are getting soaked because it is coming out with such force. But it also means the pressure on the sprinkler is not what I need.

I suppose I could. The wall and deck are getting soaked because it is coming out with such force. But it also means the pressure on the sprinkler is not what I need.

:( not much rain forecast for the weekend here, better practise that dancing` ;)

That's the neighbours watching now. How can I explain this one?

I'll have another go with my wrench tomorrow. Thanks for the advice.

1743_155_19.png

One thing that stands out looking at the photo again is the plastic part at the bottom. I would expect to see a Black rubber O-ring there but I`m seeing White.
Try unscrewing it and take it to your local B&Q, Homebase etc and trying a new one or replace that and the part that connects to it with Hozelock parts.

You wouldn't be impressed if I'd just woken your baby either.
It's possible I have put the wrong connection on the tap. I'll look again tomorrow

• Funny
Reactions: rpm
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Outdoor tap leaking. Advice please. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock