Search the forum,

Discuss Perfect Plumbing Van in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Couple months ago I took the plunge and changed my 07 Vivaro for a new transporter LWB

Here she is
B4BC7D50-E397-4579-AA00-35C46588FE73-4034-0000050EC171BC04_zpsa7bdb7c7.jpg

Got her all shelved out with roller bearing units, never been so organised.

Couple months ago I took the plunge and changed my 07 Vivaro for a new transporter LWB

Here she is

Now that is a thing of beauty but I'm guessing you paid for it!

Paid a fair whack, but hopefully will return alot more than the vivaro did when I sold it :s

Hi, i have a Nissan NV200. My major likes is that 3 m of pipe i can get inside as it will slide under the passenger seat with the removal of part of the bulkhead. Van is really easy to manoeuvre, i work mainly as a service engineer & it suits me fine.

We awaiting delivery of two new ones. One for me and one for service lad.

Here she is

Lets see the shelving then.

Very smart looking van that

customers in N Devon will think you charge to much if you drive that:)

Hi, i have a Nissan NV200. My major likes is that 3 m of pipe i can get inside as it will slide under the passenger seat with the removal of part of the bulkhead. Van is really easy to manoeuvre, i work mainly as a service engineer & it suits me fine.
You can do that in any vito too, just remove the panel and 4 rivots in the center

We have Transit Short wheelbase vans - semi hi tops with 6 speed gearbox -all under 1 year
cause they are on lease

Full tank costs £110.00 max and they run all day long for 8 hours + at 80 + we have had 110 out of one on the level near Chepstow on the dual road bit wwhere we know there are no cams

So last week we (I and Dirty dave ) did a job at some place near Brighton
- south coast ish. Full tank at west lancs - it ran all day we were there at 0800am
rtn and it needed a little drink of derv at juncton 16 northbound m6 while we were trying
out the new Burger King

Upshot I cannot fault the latest trannies well laid out cab wise and - well we think
the 2 litre holes for lemo/coke could be chilled and maybe a micro wave in the
shot guns hopper - CHK

Been happy with the Nissan, the only thing is has a small fault with the electronic sensor for the accelerator. Will get it fixed under warranty. It can sometimes be a bit un responsive.

VW Transporter for me in red. T28 model 130BHP! Love the van, I had a Toyota hiace before but it's got nothing on the transporter!

We have Transit Short wheelbase vans - semi hi tops with 6 speed gearbox -all under 1 year
cause they are on lease

Full tank costs £110.00 max and they run all day long for 8 hours + at 80 + we have had 110 out of one on the level near Chepstow on the dual road bit wwhere we know there are no cams

So last week we (I and Dirty dave ) did a job at some place near Brighton
- south coast ish. Full tank at west lancs - it ran all day we were there at 0800am
rtn and it needed a little drink of derv at juncton 16 northbound m6 while we were trying
out the new Burger King

Upshot I cannot fault the latest trannies well laid out cab wise and - well we think
the 2 litre holes for lemo/coke could be chilled and maybe a micro wave in the
shot guns hopper - CHK

How many miles is this to a tank?

How many miles to a tank on the Vivaro/Traffic 115 engine if anyone has one? (+how much to fill)

How many miles to a tank on the VW Transporter? (+and how much to fill)

Interested to see what others are getting real fuel economy wise. Sometimes the fuel saving is enough to warrant a new van in itself.

Bought the nv200 just to increase bottom line. Merc lwb high top sprinter. Sprayed twice and it's a rusty heap. 2009. Transits just full of junk.

My 62plate transit swb 125 t280 does 450 miles to the tank and my right foot is fairly heavy

My VW T30 130bhp costs £110 to fill up and I get about 420 - 450 miles out of it, although its mainly driving around town.

Same as mine then on an 2007 MWB semi high. I was thinking it was a bit down on fuel but from what I've heard its pretty normal.

I do a tank a week at the moment. If I could get 600 miles to a tank I would only need 3 fill ups a month, saving £100 in fuel alone. That's half the payment of a new van on lease. Then you add in the 3 years warranty, no MOT and the luxury of a new van and it is starting to make sense chopping in for a new one.

Bought the nv200 just to increase bottom line. Merc lwb high top sprinter. Sprayed twice and it's a rusty heap. 2009. Transits just full of junk.

I looked at the NV200, nice little van for service and occasional install but to small for full time installs. Also feel a bit like postman pat sat in it. Supposed to be great on fuel though and cheap to buy/lease. Tempting, if they did a LWB I may have been swayed.

The thing I like about my Transit is everything bar the 4.5mtr roof ladder fits in the back with ease.

Just checked now 546 miles plus some running around for £110 ish - all i know is these vans wil run all day at 85 mph on one tank CHK
How many miles is this to a tank?

How many miles to a tank on the Vivaro/Traffic 115 engine if anyone has one? (+how much to fill)

How many miles to a tank on the VW Transporter? (+and how much to fill)

Interested to see what others are getting real fuel economy wise. Sometimes the fuel saving is enough to warrant a new van in itself.

Coming from a 2.7t 115 vivaro, I've found fuel economy to be the same as the t30 vw. Although difficult to compare as it's fairly hilly here and always a different mixture if driving.

Haven't found the nice van has put any customers off yet lame!

Dannypipe didn't you get a transporter at auction a while back? Was waiting to see what you did with the racking but don't think I ever got to see a pic?

I did mate, and I did post up the photos. I also tricked it out with a load of LED lights in the back, as the standard ones are very poor. Just last month I added another strip of LEDs on the bulkhead (cab side) so I can see better in the cab. I love my van so much it is sad.

I'll try and find the photos. I'm on a new laptop so they're not on this one.

Either that or the thread it was on? Nothing wrong with loving a van makes it easier to get up and out on a cold day. I am a proper van man through and through

Halfway down this unrelated thread are the photos of the LED's I fitted. Photos do not do them justice. It's so bright compared to the standard lights its another league. Couldn't do without them now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Perfect Plumbing Van in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock