Search the forum,

Discuss Permanent live feed on boilers in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Christopher buzzard

Gas Engineer
Been asked to change a condemned system boiler. Trouble is it's being fed from a switch live. As soon as demand is deceased the boiler loses all power. Am I right in thinking all new boilers need a permanent live?
Thanks

Been asked to change a condemned system boiler. Trouble is it's being fed from a switch live. As soon as demand is deceased the boiler loses all power. Am I right in thinking all new boilers need a permanent live?
Thanks
The Boilers I install do.

Last edited:
Baxi don't need perm power I believe Worcester Ri series don't

Really?
That's news!
How does the pump over run work?
I don't use them any more so you may be right, I am not doubting your knowledge.

baxi doesnt require it

worcester say it ok but not the best

The timer is in the airing cupboard, on the other side of the house. Only a 3 core to it. No spare cores. I will have a look at the baxi. Are you think the ecoblue?

The timer is in the airing cupboard, on the other side of the house. Only a 3 core to it. No spare cores. I will have a look at the baxi. Are you think the ecoblue?

yes

Just fitted ideal logic+, needs permanent live but you can remove link and put on a flash timer with feed from fused switch as there’s no timer clock on it

Reply to Permanent live feed on boilers in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock