Search the forum,
  • Thread starter Ch4 plumbing
  • Start date
  • Replies 23
  • Views 154

Discuss Pickup Truck in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Ch4 plumbing

Anyone got one?

I fancy getting one either an Amarock or a Hilux

Any recommendations?

Avoid Nissan,chassis snaps,if i had to get a pick up it would be a puma landy 110,sorry but they just look cool,and the puma pulls like a train

You fancy bashing your shins every time you want something out of the back then? And no side door?
Nice idea, but impracle. Toyota all day long.

But realistically I think the vw ones look smart... Is this for work use as I can't imagine there that practical but I guess it depends what you use it for!

we are about to get a ford ranger. they are selling the 2015 spec with 3 yrs intrest free credit. Still brand new but they have just bought out the 2016 spec which is not as nice IMO. Tried new Navarra which compared to the old one we had was pants. Amoroks are nice but a bit expensive. Hilux was a bit too farmyard as was the L200 for what the boss needed it for. but its his money so Ford it is

But realistically I think the vw ones look smart... Is this for work use as I can't imagine there that practical but I guess it depends what you use it for!

bit of both, work and personnel.

we are about to get a ford ranger. they are selling the 2015 spec with 3 yrs intrest free credit. Still brand new but they have just bought out the 2016 spec which is not as nice IMO. Tried new Navarra which compared to the old one we had was pants. Amoroks are nice but a bit expensive. Hilux was a bit too farmyard as was the L200 for what the boss needed it for. but its his money so Ford it is

Really the new Hilux looks great but the Ford would be ok with a good deal wrapped in,

Ive worked with a buddy in his Amarok a few times, very nice interior, drive and has power to boot. He downsized from a Vauxhall Movano, minus all the tat he could pretty much fit in all of the tools he needed. Just dont overfill your toolbag or else it's like put shot olympics every time you're loading up.

mates with the ford hvve had issues, l200 seems a reliable workhorse, but the hilux is the DBs, forget VW, not been making them long enough to bother with, but a Landy v8 would be lovely.

This is what you need image.jpg

I just don't get the practicality of pick ups. Issues with roof racks, no side doors naff security. And less room In a bigger vehicle! Don't get me wrong, I'd love a hilux, but can't imagine crawling to the back to get that infrequently used tool. Specially when the tail gate is two foot off the floor. Ouch on the knees!

110 pu.jpg

we are not talking vans,we are talking pick ups,the 4x4 type,there is only one 4x4 that can cope with the tough stuff,i put mine trough hell,made it climb a rock face while fully loaded with kit ,its as British as her Maj and deserves its accolade as the best 4X4XFAR moniker,own one,will drive you mad but take you places nothing else will,i rest my case

every time i see one i just think the driver has insecurity issues.

they just look like a extreme attempt at broadcasting masculinity. otherwise known as a pen*s extension.

View attachment 26409

we are not talking vans,we are talking pick ups,the 4x4 type,there is only one 4x4 that can cope with the tough stuff,i put mine trough hell,made it climb a rock face while fully loaded with kit ,its as British as her Maj and deserves its accolade as the best 4X4XFAR moniker,own one,will drive you mad but take you places nothing else will,i rest my case
Was that your stint in the himalayas?

Love the look of them.
Just cant see the point of them from a plumbing and heating business point of view unless your a fat chuffer of gafferwho barks orders.

A mate of mine had a L200 which he thought would be good for work. He didn't really like it though, getting stuff in and out is really awkward and there isn't enough space either. Fine for servicing work, but for installs when you require a lot of gear it just isn't practical.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Pickup Truck in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, My current hot water system needs to be replaced. Anyone got any suggestions or can recommend any plumbers around Derrimut area that won't rip me off? An office guy recommended me to apply for government rebates and get it installed through timetosave.com.au. How reliable is this...
Replies
Views
Does anyone know where I can get one of these? Toilet is leaking into the bowl. This one pushes in with a half turn but I can't find one anywhere.
Replies
Views
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new brackets, dismantle that existing one and start again or I could try and re attach via those screws, removing the broken ones from the plate and wall...
Replies
Views
I have an ideal vogue max S18 boiler and I’m considering fitting auto balancing TRVs, my question relates to the boilers pump. I see a boiler pump menu for either 70% or 100%, so, is the pump set at either one of two fixed speed percentages or does the pump actually vary speed, (modulate)...
Replies
Views
Has anyone one fit or serviced one of these before; Heatrae Sadia 25l 9004010. It a 25 litre hot water storage cylinder.
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock