Discuss Pipe covering material in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hello everyone,

I recently moved into a house and today I found these pipes covered by something I’m not familiar with. I read in some other places that it could be horsehair. Could anyone tell me if it could contain asbestos? Thank you in advance

06CD2C50-C96D-438F-AE1C-28750DD5F5DB.jpeg

70C12EF8-10FF-405A-A6FC-C797829CC69A.jpeg

Nothing compares to a hank of hemp, once you set off one of them in a loft you don't do it again. :eek::eek::eek::(:oops:

Sorry, old school just a few old git's on here will remember, we all did it once. Just like the sink trap you carefully take off cos its full of water when poor it straight back into the bowl it has just come off!!!;)o_O

Nothing compares to a hank of hemp, once you set off one of them in a loft you don't do it again. :eek::eek::eek::(:oops:

Sorry, old school just a few old git's on here will remember, we all did it once. Just like the sink trap you carefully take off cos its full of water when poor it straight back into the bowl it has just come off!!!;)o_O

Pal of mine set a load off in a loft whilst soldering , no extinguisher, tut tut , he ended up putting it out with his flask of tea .

Reply to Pipe covering material in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.
Back