Search the forum,

Discuss Pipe insulation. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

I've been asked to insulate 50mm mdpe pipe which is going through a factory half way up the walls. They've been told to cover it specified by the water byelaws (Scotland), it's mainly to protect against UV light. I've got a guide book from Scottish water, but it mainly tells you about copper pipe in a household. Any suggestions?

if it is blue MDPE it needs to be potected from uv rays but if it is black MDPE uv ray do not affect it ,also it needs to be insulated to stop undue warming of the cold water

Hi, sorry, forgot to mention it was blue pipe. My question is; what type/thickness of insulation? there's so many different types. Some of the pipe is 32mm and some 50mm I emailed scottish water who then sent me a leaflet, but that wasn't what I was looking for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Pipe insulation. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Prompted by a surveyors energy efficiency report (and getting grants as this job belongs to a small charity) I've been asked to lag the pipes in this boiler cupboard. So questions: 1.Anybody got a photo of a good professional job please. 2. Where to stop the insulation under the boiler...
Replies
Views
Hi What brand/make of 50mm waste pipe clips is the narrowest? All round band I believe may not pass a building warrant inspection and I'm planning a new small kitchen and need as much cm as possible. I've been suggested the 77mm protusion of the standard clip of 50mm pipe is the main one but...
Replies
Views
I've had a burst pipe under bathroom floor. Ive had it dug up and made safe with the affected pipe cut and end caps fitted. The pipes are cover with a plastic sheet and then screet on top. I called out my gas boiler cover to make a permanent repair. The company they sent out have said it is...
Replies
Views
Engineer has installed several boilers for me. All the condensate pipes have been connected externally into soil stack or rain water downpipe. In each case he just drilled a hole in the pipe, and stuck the condensate in the side, smeared glue everywhere. No boss, or branch. Is this allowed, is...
Replies
Views
The copper gas pipe to my boiler in the loft runs between joists and sits on the plasterboard. I understand that it should not be covered by insulation. Why? Is it satisfactory to create a dome over the pipe with upside down guttering and then put fibreglass insulation over the top please?
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock