Search the forum,

Discuss Pipe leaking below stopcock, can I put my central heating on? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a small jet of water spurting out of a pipe below the stopcock. Can you please tell me if it will affect my central heating, is it safe to put it on? thank you.

It should be ok for you to use your heating in the short time

Needs to be sorted tho

I'm waiting for an emergency plumber from British Gas who is due before midnight. is it that too long to have the heating on?
I don't know how to turn the water off in the street unfortunately.

Unless the water is leaking into your boiler or into its electrical connnexions, I can see no way in which this leak would affect the boiler in any way. No different from having a tap running!

Yes, he has just left. he replaced the leaking piece of pipe and the stopcock which I found impossible to turn off.
All seems to be well thank goodness. Thank you for your replies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Pipe leaking below stopcock, can I put my central heating on? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

i can't tell if my shower tap (cock stop) is leaking or not ...............so after showering, the shower head will drip fast for 2 hours, then drip slowly after that...........i put a bucket under the shower head to collect the water for 26 hours the first time.............then 19 hours the...
Replies
Views
I have been facing central heating low pressure on unvented hot water RM Cylinders but can't see any leak on the PRV, expansion vessels and plasterboard celling. I have got unvented pressurized RM Cylinders hot water system with 27KW Worchester gas boiler with expansion vessels . When...
Replies
Views
losing pressure
L
Hey all, Looking for some advice. My mother recently had her boiler changed but in the process the water had to be turned on and off as you would expect and the engineer broke of the handle. Luckily it seems you can close the valve with some pliers on the but I don't believe this is best for...
Replies
Views
  • Question
My daughter's place has a small water leak on a ground floor radiator valve. The radiator pipework is small diameter.i.e 8 or 10 mm. A plumber is coming back in a day or so to make necessary repairs. I am a little concerned as the house has a Boilermate 2000 on the upper floor and the...
Replies
Views
I cannot isolate my toilet water supply for a quick-fix, as the valve/tap is buried beneath tiling by whoever built the place. All other taps in the flat just isolate the kitchen. Is the green switch next to my water meter in this blurry photo a stopcock? It is underwater because there seems...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock