Search the forum,

Discuss Pipe Sizing in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Max-1stSaxon

Hello i am helping to complete a full install soon and would just like to clear some things up, i will be installing a Valiant Ecotec 637HE System Boiler,the install will consist of 15 radiators and an unvented cylinder, the property is a 4 storey house with the boiler in the basement, my question is what size primaries both main and heating will be needed,the main flow and returns to the cylinder cupboard i am intending on running 28mm (will be about a 8 metre run)

then my querie is whether i can reduce down after my 2 port into 22mm and run the heating circuit of all 22mm and only reducing to 15mm for the tails? or whether it is still the best idea to run 28mm heating flow and returns and then branch off into 22 and feed in 15mm?

Max

only reduce down if the pipe splits or it will be pointless running the larger pipe at all

It wouldn't be "pointless", as it would reduce the fictional loss, but it may not be necessary. What's the heating load? 15 radiators doesn't tell us much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Pipe Sizing in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock