Search the forum,

Discuss Plastic isolation valve. Which brand? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

armyash

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Did a cistern strip down for someone yesterday. Said now not flush (Button has popped off) sent me a photo of isolation valve which is now leaking, what make is it? Needs to be a straight swap just for time and ease.

Going back this morning.

Thanks

Sorry here it is.

IMG-20180128-WA0000.jpg

Jg ISO (speedfit)

Did you replace the o ring ?

Also best to replace with a brass one

Leaking from where ? its either just a basic washer that needs replacing or if from the turn of tap it will need replacing

It's leaking from the leverl/handle. Where you would normally get a screw head.

Every time I touch these they leak but I usually have some pipe to play with.

This is a compression fitting.

It's leaking from the leverl/handle. Where you would normally get a screw head.

Every time I touch these they leak but I usually have some pipe to play with.

This is a compression fitting.
Need to stop playing with your pipe ! :rolleyes:.

Leaking from where ? its either just a basic washer that needs replacing or if from the turn of tap it will need replacing

Sorry was posting at the same time. Yes leaking from turn tap. Want to change just want to use exact swap. No movement on chrome pipe. It's a recall for a regular customer want to be in and out. Who sells them?

Sorry was posting at the same time. Yes leaking from turn tap. Want to change just want to use exact swap. No movement on chrome pipe. It's a recall for a regular customer want to be in and out. Who sells them?
These tend to be supplied with the cistern, you can get tap connector/service valves but I think the pipe may be a little short ask local merchant may have one kicking around, am I right that you are in Slough ? if so try Ballcock & Bits in Bracknell

These tend to be supplied with the cistern, you can get tap connector/service valves but I think the pipe may be a little short ask local merchant may have one kicking around, am I right that you are in Slough ? if so try Ballcock & Bits in Bracknell

No mate I'm in Kent. Wondered why I was struggling to find one online. I'll see what the merchants have in the morning. Been back to pop the button back on, flushed about 10 times all OK told them I'll pop up in the week to change the valve.

I don't even know why I turned it off I know the stopcock in the property works fine.

I looked a WC the other day which wasn't flushing.

She'd be told but some know-it-all who can't do owt that all it needed was a new diaphragm in the syphon. This was true. Technically.

It also had rusted over screws from cistern to wall, rusted bolts on cc plate, no doubt a doughnut resembling a fossil, one of the above pictured POS iso's (fitted on pipe with no play and terrible access) the cheapst possible, oldest looking inlet which I'd already decided I'd replace too as a matter of course. And while I'd got through explaining why I'd change every part, fitting and fixing that could be changed I think she felt she had let a conman in. She declined my price and let me out. I wasn't fussed. I do a lot of this stuff and can't be bothered with people who won't trust that I know what needs doing.

Very true. I did three of these in one day last week; with most customers if you explain that the only part left that is old will be the china cistern itself, they're normally ok. Of course you always get THOSE people...........

To be fair, she is absolutely fine about it. Told her i would pop in one night and swap it when I have one.

This was a strip down cc toilet job, all went fine. Apart from this iso. Access is fine but no movement on pipe.

Not the end of the world.

I never fitted any of those Armitage plastic iso valves, even though they came with the cisterns.
I must have thrown them all away eventually.
If you go to fix anything on a toilet cistern, be prepared to replace iso valve and also any flexi or pipe or tap fitting.
Lack of movement in the pipe shouldn't be a problem if the cistern screws are removed and bottom bolts are slackened to allow cistern to lift on that side a 1/2" to let pipe connect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Plastic isolation valve. Which brand? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi Just had a new bathroom installed with a toilet bowl that reaches the back wall. Its has a bottom entry cold feed to the cistern. The fitter put an isolation valve on the pipe work for this :-(, the copper pipe comes up from a plastic pipe push fit. See photo. I did a tissue paper test and...
Replies
Views
Hello guys, a couple of months back I installed a new shower and sink into a part of the house that hadn't previously been plumbed in. This forced me to run some pipes outside the walls, so I put in stopcocks at the point where the new pipework joins the old Just In Case. I used copper pipe and...
Replies
Views
The isolation valve connected directly to our toilet fill valve has started to leak (I assume the washer has deteriorated). I'd like to get a like-for-like replacement so that I can just do a straight swap of the entire isolation valve without having to worry about resizing pipes, but my google...
Replies
Views
Hi! Our main stopcock is weeping. I phoned the water company, first-person thought it was their problem as it was on the 'outside' of the water meter. Then another person called me to schedule a visit and they told me that its not their problem as both the water meter and the leaky stopcock are...
Replies
Views
Hi, The isolation valve feeding my toilet cistern was leaking. After considerable effort, I was able to lift up the cistern to put an O-ring washer around the top of the inner circle referred to with an arrow in the attached image. Unfortunately, when I let the water through, there was a burst...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock