Search the forum,

Discuss Plate heat exchangers in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

GQuigley67

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Need one for a 80kw Worcester boiler to separate from gravity system, Worcesters own is nearly £700 and rated 80-100kw. Anyone recommend a cheaper option?

Try Boss at BSS, never used them but I'm pretty sure they will beat the price.

This is plumb centres price, where I am getting boiler from but I seen a plate heat exchanger online rated at up to 130kw for around £100 just not sure if it would be suitable or not

This is plumb centres price, where I am getting boiler from but I seen a plate heat exchanger online rated at up to 130kw for around £100 just not sure if it would be suitable or not

If you talk to your BSS rep/sales person then they will be able to ask the right questions and pass the answers over.

a swep one will be around £5-600, if you use the Boss plate and gasket type, be aware that if the system goes cold then they will leak and will need tightening up.

a swep one will be around £5-600, if you use the Boss plate and gasket type, be aware that if the system goes cold then they will leak and will need tightening up.

Good bit of advice thanks missplumb

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Plate heat exchangers in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have a Baxi Duo Tech 28 HE. According to an online search with the serial number and GC number, I should have a 20-plate heat exchanger. So, I purchased a 20-plate unit. However, when I removed the old part, it appears to have 12-14 plates. Is there any harm in installing a 20-plate exchanger...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I have taken out the heat exchanger because a tiny leak was found around the red gasket at the top of the heat exchanger of a Worcester Green Star 28i Junior. The gasket itself is in perfect condition with no cracks. As you can see from the photo, the rust is near that holding...
Replies
Views
I have a thermal store heated by a boiler with its own thermostat. I also have a stove with a back boiler. The stove heats water in a separate tank. There is a thermostat on this second tank that pushes hot water over to the store tank when it's hot. It's a closed loop and goes through a heat...
Replies
Views
Hi, Boiler is losing pressure, from 1.5 bar to 0 bar in about 4 hours. Have checked all rads and seem to be fine, no water out external prv pipe. If the heat exchanger is faulty what do I need to look for? There is a constant run of water from the condensate pipe when heating on but not sure...
Replies
Views
Hi all not a plumber but am an engineer I have pressure drop in the system Worcester Bosch came back after repressureising the expansion vessel and he replaced the heat exchanger element. The boiler is coming up for 15 years old. The boiler was going below one bar and not increasing when...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock