Search the forum,

Discuss Please help, advice needed about condemed boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, my boiler is ten years old. A ferroli f24b. Recently it started to leak copper water (the pressure valve, I know). Last week it stopped working altogether. The boiler started to leak into the control panel. I had British Gas come and they condemned the boiler.

I cannot afford a new boiler. I have small children. Is it possible that my boiler can be fixed or is it really dead?

Any help would be much appreciated because I’m at my limit. Thank you

Hello, my boiler is ten years old. A ferroli f24b. Recently it started to leak copper water (the pressure valve, I know). Last week it stopped working altogether. The boiler started to leak into the control panel. I had British Gas come and they condemned the boiler.

I cannot afford a new boiler. I have small children. Is it possible that my boiler can be fixed or is it really dead?

Any help would be much appreciated because I’m at my limit. Thank you
Not the best option. But there are companies out there that let you pay on a monthly basis for an additional fee.

Have you tried an independent gas safe engy?

Are you on a contract with British Gas? Why was it condemned,water leak onto pcb...something’s leaked an took out the pcb.If spares are available I can’t see why you have been left in the position you have

I haven’t had anyone other than British Gas come out to look at the boiler. As it’s ten years old, I know some parts will be more difficult to get hold of. But surely not impossible?

No contract with British Gas. Local plumbers too busy so had to call out British Gas for what I thought would be a repair.

I was told (despite in the past having had it serviced by home serve plumbers and British Gas plumbers) that the boiler was “the worst installation of a boiler I’ve ever seen”. That the controls were caput from the leak. And that the pressure valve is gone.

Do you have a homecare contract with British Gas or did you ask for them to give you a one off repair? Like I said something in your boiler has leaked an got into the pcb,some parts maybe hard to get hold of...but my money is on a o-ring or a washer causing the leak

I called them out for a one off repair. The leak into the controls only happened after the control panel itself was partially removed to gain access to view the prv. When it was partially removed, the water began slowly leaking, affecting the control panel.

*i take back my post,find someone in your local area with good reviews an pay their time cause your actually get an honest answer/advise.

*i take back my post,find someone in your local area with good reviews an pay their time cause your actually get an honest answer/advise.
Thank you for your advice. My hands are tied now because we paid for the BG call out. The local plumbers were either too busy or wanting to replace everything without having even seen the boiler.

You paid for the BG call out an got told it’s condemned,what alternatives did they offer you if I can ask?

No alternative. Only told it was beyond repair. Two days later a man showed up to quote for a new boiler. Could barely afford a repair so a whole new boiler is completely out of the question.

Can you send a picture of your old boiler? I.e location and flue route?

I could upload a photo tomorrow. I was told that one of the pipes underneath is unsafe. This seems reasonable as it has (from moving in) been sealed with tape. The pipe work underneath the boiler is not boxed in. According to the BG man, all of the inside of the boiler is corroded. Screws broke off due to this.

I was originally thinking you was on a homecare contract with BG which could of helped,but your not.The thing is mate you could employ any GSR spend x y z,to sort the leak and replace pcb that’s failed due to the leak,an that x y z could be a significant amount to replacing a 10 year old boiler.I get your not in the position to do this but what you could end up paying someone’s time + parts to fix your boiler is not economically viable

Have you been in contact with the boiler manufacture ? BG don't like repairing anything over 10 years and will try to sell you a new one, parts should be available , If Ferolli offer a fixed price repair ask if you can pay by instalments !

I called them out for a one off repair. The leak into the controls only happened after the control panel itself was partially removed to gain access to view the prv. When it was partially removed, the water began slowly leaking, affecting the control panel.

so the pcb only got water damaged when the bg engineer was working on it.he should have covered the panel with something to protect it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Please help, advice needed about condemed boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock