Search the forum,

Discuss Please help- cold water tap in kitchen not running in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all, please excuse my first post being a request for help, but I have just moved into a place as a Property Guardian and the cold tap in the kitchen doesn't run when turned.

The previous tenant says it worked fine for her, so I'm assuming it's just been switched off somewhere, but I've absolutely no clue where to start and what to try twisting. I'm also hesitant to try anything myself without advice, as the stopcock was (stupidly) painted over and so is too crusted with paint to turn, so needs white spirit. For now, I'd have no way of turning off the water if something started spouting.

Anyhow, hot works fine, but cold doesn't run - I've attached pics of under the sink below and would appreciate any advice on which of the handles visible might do the trick, or indeed if it's likely to be something else in the house that needs turning.

With many thanks in advance,

Tom

IMG_0530.jpg

IMG_0529.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Please help- cold water tap in kitchen not running in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

My outside tap has had really low pressure after the cold weather a few weeks ago. Its connected from under the kitchen sink, and can be isolated from turning a flat head screw type thing a quarter turn. Any help or advice would be much appreciated!
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, just recently everytime I run a bath, flush the toilet, turn in the washing machine or use anything water related my kitchen taps starts vibrating badly and water cones out, this lasts for 30 seconds or so each time. Can anyone help please? Many thanks Gary
Replies
Views
I have a kitchen mixer tap with quarter turn levers and the cold side started dripping. I took out the ceramic valve and replaced it with one from Screwfix but it hasn’t solved the problem it still drips. Could it be a dodgy valve or is it something else? Thanks
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Could someone please explain if this set up is normal and what changed: Stopcock under kitchen sink turns off cold water supply in kitchen only Stopcock in kitchen wall panel turns off cold water supply in kitchen only Red gate valve in airing cupboard next to bathroom turns off...
Replies
Views
Hi, My Blanco Kitchen Tap Model Swift BM1420 is leaking. Please see attached photos for details of where water leaks from. What I've done so far. I replaced the cartridge. Leak persisted. Bought some replacement seals and tried to put in place of the old ones. Here's what I did next. Remove...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock