Search the forum,

Discuss Please help, pressure low. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
F35991DE-EE21-46FF-983B-EB37A2436DF5.jpeg
FB6395DC-C408-4B95-A444-F516659E807E.jpeg
This may sound stupid. I have a potterton boiler. And it’s saying E1. Have worked out pressure is low. But there’s no filling loop etc. Please help as we have no hot water or heating.

As you look under the boiler you will see 2 black dials that link together, that is your filling loop all you need to do is turn them both and your boiler should fill up, once you reach 1 to 1.5 bar turn them off, but I would have you boiler checked by a registered engineer as it looks like you might have a leak as there is some corrosion under the boiler.

As you look under the boiler you will see 2 black dials that link together, that is your filling loop all you need to do is turn them both and your boiler should fill up, once you reach 1 to 1.5 bar turn them off, but I would have you boiler checked by a registered engineer as it looks like you might have a leak as there is some corrosion under the boiler.
Have had a look, and there is non that link together. That’s the confusing part. Any ideas please?

do the knobs open fully then stop turning or do they carry on turning?
the left should turn anti clockwise and the right clockwise

Undo the screw which holds the handle on pull it off and use a small adjustable spanner to turn the filling loop valve on you should hear it filling

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Please help, pressure low. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock