Search the forum,

Discuss Plumber ? ..... Cowboy ? ...... Con-man in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Billy Bunter

mmmmmm

Last edited by a moderator:
:welcome: to the forum Billy Bunter :)

One thing you're missing is water!!! You have two open ends there that would be fleeing out water if they were attached to anything. It looks like there may have been a valve in-between the connections your picture shows though :)

Sorry only my first post

My Dad is 87, in ill health and only partial hearing. My mum is 84, and racked with arthritis.

They had an intermittent teardrop leak on the "out" compression nut of a chrome in-line issolator valve on the 15mm hot water feed into the copper cylinder

A guy turned-up claiming to be a plumbing engineer ..... my dad showed him the leaking compression nut on the chrome issolator valve

The guy said the leak was dangerous and could flood the house ..... and that he would have to go and get copper pipe and plumbing fittings to repair the leak.

The guy went away ..... It was nearly 2 hours before he returned

15 minutes later he said the job was done ....... this guy charged my aged parents £ 286.20 for the repair

the photo below shows how the guy left the repair.

P1080766.jpg

All's I can see is "part" of a new 15mm gate valve = £286

Am I missing something ? or have they been ripped off !!

what was the original question?

never mind he's posted again

Ripped off royally. What a git. Did they get a receipt?

heavens i wouldn't have been anywhere near that. your parents have been taken advantage of.

Good job it wasn't my parent or he would have his own problems. Best advice to you would be to get his contact details and shame he into a refund.

I'd call him and ask for some money back or your three other brothers will come to get it.

Get your parents to ring him and ask him to do some more work, he's trapped then! I am so angry after reading your post!

I'd ask him back to repair the leak he's left behind, there's water on the connection above the pump :) Maybe invite rogue traders along too !!!

Even Dick Turpin wore a sodding mask!!!

I have just looked again and I think it's at least £200 of a rip off!!!

The new gate valve shouldn't be fitted horizontally like it is.

think a call to different adress is req here to track him down sure the cowboy will have all previous jobs like this one crossed of a return list good look matey

Where abouts are you Billy? I'm sure one of us could 'have a word' if he can be tracked.......:59:

which rule is that???

I don't know, just asking if there are any forum rules against naming and shaming. Not that this rip-off merchant deserves any anonymity mind.

Did you ask how much it would cost before he would do any work ??

Where did you find him ?

i have to say,while this is disgusting,and i would be the first to burn his rse with my blow torch.
with parents at that age,do you not look out for them.and not let them get in this situation.

i have to say,while this is disgusting,and i would be the first to burn his rse with my blow torch.
with parents at that age,do you not look out for them.and not let them get in this situation.

thats what he is doing now, just you wait till yr old dears are in their 80s and some one critisizes your dealings with them

thats what he is doing now, just you wait till yr old dears are in their 80s and some one critisizes your dealings with them

Agree with lame plumber there are a few things to take into consideration, the man may be in his 80's but he is still a man in charge of his household, most elderly
people I know don't want to be calling in the family for small jobs about the house, I very often ask to meet with the Son or Daughter (in a respectful way) if I see
a job with large outlay.

The O.P. has come in when all is done and obviously annoyed at the amount charged for what appears to be a minor job, may I suggest that you don't make a big
deal of this with your Dad, there is pride involved also the chance that he won't tell you next time someone tries to rip him off.

Karma will take care of this scumbag.

Don't suppose the OP has a receipt he could show us?

Scum who take advantage of the elderly will never provide a written break down.

Probably nearest he can get is leccy bill, gas bill, overdue and a drink up scheduled for the weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Plumber ? ..... Cowboy ? ...... Con-man in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock