Search the forum,

Discuss Plumbing abroad? Advice? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking to work abroad for a few years, or at least have that as an option.

Anybody done it? Know anybody that’s done it? I want to know how difficult is the process say for example, working in Australia?

I’m looking to get away from my home town for a while. Nothing really here for me.

Thanks.

Only ever worked in cornwall which is pretty foreign.

To answer your questood tho a few guy' here have worked abroad.

Haha I’m in Wales so I suppose that would be foreign to you as well.

Seriously though I’d love to do it, need to know what’s needed to go through with it!

in australia you're certificates are not recognised and you would have to take theirs through Tafe. which is the adult education system. i know gas qualifications are not recognised but you will need to check for plumbing, but think it will be the same

in australia you're certificates are not recognised and you would have to take theirs through Tafe. which is the adult education system. i know gas qualifications are not recognised but you will need to check for plumbing, but think it will be the same

Not exactly true.
If you can prove your skills and prove that you can be competent the path could be easier.

The problem has been in the past that people who have done their 6 week course come over and take a job and they are useless.
Some states are more lenient than others, but it all comes down to what you know and your plumbing capabilities.

More info required as per your experience and which state you want to work in

Not exactly true.
If you can prove your skills and prove that you can be competent the path could be easier.

The problem has been in the past that people who have done their 6 week course come over and take a job and they are useless.
Some states are more lenient than others, but it all comes down to what you know and your plumbing capabilities.

More info required as per your experience and which state you want to work in

Quick question for you ! do you have to retake the gas tests every 5 years as we do in the UK.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Plumbing abroad? Advice? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I’m looking to retrain as a gas engineer and do a new entrants gas course. I’m a bit concerned by the ‘on-job’ work experience/shadowing, as some course want to charge £1500 to pair you up with a qualified engineer. Some courses don’t offer pairing and suggest you find your own engineer to...
Replies
Views
A
Hi all, Happy new year! Hope this is OK in this part of the forum. Been a plumber for about 12 years now, mostly commercial stuff with some domestic and new builds here and there. Sole trader working for numerous different companies. Been thinking that maybe it's time I started my own...
Replies
Views
Hi Guys, Im looking to come to Australia in january/febuary 2024. I have a working holiday visa already sorted. I run my own plumbing and heating company that has been going for 3 years but i have been plumbing for 10 years. i also have my gas qualification. Im giving up everything to come to...
Replies
Views
J
Hi all, I currently have one of these shower heads fitted in my bathroom : Milan Rectangular Rainfall Shower Head + Water Blade | Victorian Plumbing UK -...
Replies
Views
Jarrod
J
Hey all, Looking for some advice. My mother recently had her boiler changed but in the process the water had to be turned on and off as you would expect and the engineer broke of the handle. Luckily it seems you can close the valve with some pliers on the but I don't believe this is best for...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock