Search the forum,

Discuss Plumbing an island sink in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all, I am in the process of planning my single storey extensions plumbing and drainage.
Our kitchen plan has an island with a sink in it and im trying to work out how to get waste in and hot cold supply.
I am having a solid floor construction of 150mm gravel, sand, dpm, concrete. Then in prep for underfloor heating - celotex with a 70mm screed on top.
My thoughts are waste pipe between celotex and concrete maybe a form adding to concrete and sculpted celotex. The same for hot and cold supply potentially ran in another length of pvc pipe to protect them? Waste would be plumbed into new 110mm external drainage. Any advice welcomed as I will be doing all plumbing inclusive of drainage to cut down on cost. Thanks

Sounds about right as long as it isn't over a massive distance. (Waste pipe). Could be wrong but 70mm sounds excessive.

If it's more than a 3m run then you will need 50mm waste pipe , solvent weld fittings and pipe , hot and cold pipework I would use hep 2o pipe in pipe strapped to the concrete slab under the celotex. Cheers kop

If it's more than a 3m run then you will need 50mm waste pipe , solvent weld fittings and pipe , hot and cold pipework I would use hep 2o pipe in pipe strapped to the concrete slab under the celotex. Cheers kop
Thanks Kop, how do you plumb the waste trap as a normal one is horizontal and this will be vertical?

Last edited:
Are you making allowances for getting power to the Island as well?
Hi Snowhead, yes I am there will only be a requirement for a pop up socket so will incorporate that as part of the ring main for the sockets, again I was thinking to run this thru plastic conduit again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Plumbing an island sink in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello all. I lease an industrial space in the United States, in which I will be doing manufacturing of ceramic, pottery type items. The space is zoned for manufacturing and the applicable plumbing code is: State of Illinois Plumbing Code, 2004 edition and subsequent amendments. I am...
Replies
Views
Hi, Im in the process of extending my home and I'm considering installing a Kitchen Island with sink and I'm concerned about waste. My extension foundation block are in and built up to current floor level - I've yet to put in the hardcore/insulation and concrete slab. My island will be 2.5m...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I've got a 110mm soil pipe that rises out of my kitchen floor, under where the sink will be. How do I plumb in a 40mm waste (from kitchen sink) and also waste from a dishwasher into the top of this pipe. (Currently I have a wad of rockwool plugging the 110mm, to stop gas/smells coming...
Replies
Views
Hello All and thanks Lou i did write a reply but it would not let me send it? i am not sure what I am meant to write and I do not want to come over the wrong way so please keep in mind I am 57 and at school in the 70s back then was kicked out the lessons and put in remedial classes (before...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, i need a bit of advice, i live in Tasmania, we bought a brand new townhouse that has a tiny internal laundry in a closet in the passage opposite the bathroom. It has a very small wash basin in one corner, the hot water cylinder is on the other end, but the space between these is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock