Search the forum,

Discuss Plumbing for Heating upgrade for loft con in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi All
Advise needed ( and gratefully received )
I have a bog standard ( excuse the pun )existing Central heating System ( I believe is a Gravity semi pumped system )
Lay out as followed
Boiler in Kitchen
Copper cylinder + grundfos pump and 3 way Valve in bathroom upstairs
CWSC + F+E tanks in loft
I'm converting my loft and I'd like to keep the same ( or as near as ) System as it's been so reliable
I having a small on suite with a shower
I'm proposing 3 options
What I'd like to down to what I may need to do

1 New uprated Boiler condensor ( prob Potterton or Worcester) in kitchen
Move / New Copper Cylinder, Pump up into loft along with 70 Gallon Coffin CWSC, F+E tank
Plus add Pump for Hot and Cold
and Rads
This is my preferred but think Space , Height ( minimum heights may come into play ) may be a big issue and not workable (Shame if it is :-(

2 New uprated Boiler condensor ( prob Potterton or Worcester) in kitchen

Leave Cylinder and Pump
Etc in first floor bathroom
( renew / upgrade all )

In loft New 70 Gallon Coffin CWSC, F+E tank
Plus add Pump for Hot and Cold and Rads

3 New uprated Boiler condensor ( prob Potterton or Worcester) in kitchen

Pressurised Mega flo
In loft and Rads

I'm aware you can get made to measure Cylinders and CWSC to maybe get option 1 to work
Plus up rating Gas and Water supply sorry if this is a big ask be Gentle

I definitely would go for option 3 only if the pressure and flow rate are great. If you got more than 2 bathrooms I'd install a megaflo if you had 2 bathrooms I'd got for a condensing combi boiler but water pressure and flow rate needs checking first

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Plumbing for Heating upgrade for loft con in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock