Search the forum,

Discuss Plumbing & heating parts to your van in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

A32

Hi all,

I'm working with a company looking at delivering heating parts overnight directly to vans.

Parts get ordered by 7pm and can be in the footwell of the van by 6am early-morning run. The idea is that for many trips, there'd be no need to visit the depot. Same courier for each day and great value parts.

Would love to hear feedback from the forum - anything you like about it, anything you don't, and any concerns!

Thanks,

A32

How are you putting it in the van?

That'll be the same way B.G used to do it, the courier has a key to your van.:eek:

So a scrummy courier can suss out a van' s contents then send his door folding scrote mates round, would save said scumy gits loads of time bending open loads of empty vans in search of the full ones - may have to bend the odd empty ones for 'cover' though.

Better to use local drop-box sites, Garages etc. don't fancy someone having access to van.

Thanks snowhead, I didn't know BG did this before. Do you know when/why they stopped by chance?

I don't know exactly why they stopped but I do know they now use Royal Mail Delivery office counters.
I'm sure I've seen them returning parts as well, that may be one reason why they stopped the overnight van / shed drop offs.

Try picking a letter / parcel up from one at 8 in the morning and the car park is 1/2 full of BG vans .
They all have

Interesting, thanks Alpha man. Have you had supplies from Baxi? Are they any good?
I recently had an interview for Baxi and they mentioned that’s how they maintain van stock!

I don't know exactly why they stopped but I do know they now use Royal Mail Delivery office counters.
I'm sure I've seen them returning parts as well, that may be one reason why they stopped the overnight van / shed drop offs.

Try picking a letter / parcel up from one at 8 in the morning and the car park is 1/2 full of BG vans .
They all have
Thanks snowhead

Thanks Alphaman, if you took the job, would you only have covered baxi then?

How large an area would you be covering?

The area was covering east Kent, and as an employed engineer, with all the trimmings!! lol, and no, I didn’t take the job!

Hi,

I just came across this old post. I'm aware that large companies to do this sort of thing. It is very efficient as you could order the parts and night and can go straight to a job, without having to drive miles or queue to collect parts. A bit like having your own personal dropbox.

How much does this service cost and how do you ensure it is safe?

Hi all,

I'm working with a company looking at delivering heating parts overnight directly to vans.

Parts get ordered by 7pm and can be in the footwell of the van by 6am early-morning run. The idea is that for many trips, there'd be no need to visit the depot. Same courier for each day and great value parts.

Would love to hear feedback from the forum - anything you like about it, anything you don't, and any concerns!

Thanks,

A32

o_O

Hi,

I just came across this old post. I'm aware that large companies to do this sort of thing. It is very efficient as you could order the parts and night and can go straight to a job, without having to drive miles or queue to collect parts. A bit like having your own personal dropbox.

How much does this service cost and how do you ensure it is safe?
Something doesn’t smell right here. Must be the fish in the cupboard!:p:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Plumbing & heating parts to your van in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock