Search the forum,

Discuss Plumbing Issues - Feeds for DW and Sink in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
The attached picture shows a 2.1m wall which will have a D/W on the left, an 90cm sink unit in the middle and a bin unit on the right.

Unfortunately, as you can see, the plumber has forgotten to create any soft water feeds to the dish washer and we also requested both Hard and soft feeds for the sink, which they have forgotten (currently only hard feeds).

The plumber has advised it is easy to sort out and just T off from the pipes there.

Is this as straight forward as the plumber has suggested or could it be tricky?

They have also positioned the pipes incorrectly as we are having a German kitchen where the plinth's are only 10cm high and 5cm in depth.
Will this be somthing easy to rectify when the kitchen arrives (October) or should they sort it out now based on some guess work?

20170813_125204.jpg

Where's your main stop tap ?

No Space in the utility area.
Originally they were going to install it next to the boiler but as we have a tall unit housing the boiler and manifold and our W/M and T/D all in the same area, it became too tight.

Water Softener company advised although it is ideally best located next to the stopcock, it was fine to install under the sink and there would be no negative impacts...

And the Waste pipe for the Dishwasher and sink are??

If it's a true softener which uses salt then that'll need a connection to the waste.
If it's just a conditioner then it won't need a waste.

The soft supply to the Dishwasher is easily sorted with a tap within the sink area, so it's accessible.

And the Waste pipe for the Dishwasher and sink are??

If it's a true softener which uses salt then that'll need a connection to the waste.
If it's just a conditioner then it won't need a waste.

The soft supply to the Dishwasher is easily sorted with a tap within the sink area, so it's accessible.

As per pic, the flexi pipe from the water softener is going into the waste pipe.
The same waste pipe will be used for the dish washer and sink, from what I understand.

It is a Harveys water softener.

Last edited:
I fit these water softeners. Very good metered water softener. But Where is the overflow for it. Needs to be run to the outside. They can fail and overfill, hence the need for a overflow.

I fit these water softeners. Very good metered water softener. But Where is the overflow for it. Needs to be run to the outside. They can fail and overfill, hence the need for a overflow.

No overflow as the rear of the house is 7 odd meters away.

I was told the overow we can get by as they rarely fail?

And you thought, "Yeah that sounds right. That's not the sort of thing a cowboy would tell a sucker at all." ?

How's the electrical connection been done? Would I be correct in thinking it's just straight into the dual 13A outlet that's held together with duct tape?

What were the qualifications of the person who did this for you?

No overflow as the rear of the house is 7 odd meters away.

Harvey's said the same thing!

How's the electrical connection been done? Would I be correct in thinking it's just straight into the dual 13A outlet that's held together with duct tape?

?

Looks like the flex is just poked into the waste pipe for the time being.

I hadn't noticed the waste till I clicked full size on the photo

flow rate reducing to the upstairs bathroom when dish washer or sink used?
I expect it to reduce regardless but will it reduce more being in this setup and not being next to the stopcock?
I doubt it will make an appreciable difference, especially if your supply pipe is 15mm (or 1/2"), but I do see your point that the length of 15mm pipe being shared by the sink and the bathroom is greater.

That said, in my own house, I would prefer this arrangement to the alternative of having long runs of separate pipes from stopcock. My reason is that when I get up in the morning I tend to wash and flush the toilet before I run any drinking water. If my kitchen tap tees off the pipe that supplies the rest, then flushing the toilet etc. means any water that has sat in the pipework to the kitchen tap is automatically renewed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Plumbing Issues - Feeds for DW and Sink in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock