Search the forum,

Discuss Plumbing Mystery in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
E

Eirini Momtsou

Hi,

Both my kitchen and bathroom sinks are not draining water. I had a plumber in the property last night who used very strong drain cleaner and a plunger to try and clear the blockage. His advise was the blockage is happening "far away" in one of the pipes leaving the building.

Recently we had a new water heater installed which is connected to both sinks. The old water heater had previously caused boiling water to flow into the toilet, and another plumber previously had mentioned that the current setup caused mean that water can flow back into the boiler (mentioned valves or the pipes being reversed)

I am wondering if the current issue we are having could be related to the new water heater or are these completely separate and it sounds more like a blockage in one of the pipes?

Any advise would be much appreciated

Thanks,

Eirini

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Plumbing Mystery in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Had the plumber replace the pipes less than 2 month from the sink that lead into a cast iron pipe. They also unblocked gunk from the start of the cast iron pipe. The gunk is in the photo I've attached. The pipe work is also attached(it's disconnected as we cleared the u bend to clear it out)...
Replies
Views
Hello I have a mystery, my bathroom has a sewage smell appears to get far worse 5pm-9pm. I have plugged my bathroom/sink with plugs and its 100% coming from the toilet. Tried Lugi worlds best plunger, that air gun blaster and 50 buckets of hot water down the toilet for 2-3 days and no joy, the...
Replies
Views
E
I am renovating an old mining terrace in the Welsh valleys (uk) and I have come across a mystery, I have my mains water supply to my property and a stopcock near the front door that cuts off all water to the property. However I also have blue pipe coming from the floor in my kitchen, also with a...
Replies
Views
Suddenly my downstairs toilet stopped filling this week, I suspected a blockage in the filter or cistern itself, however after removal of everything it appears that there is no water coming in, its mains fed and no sign of leak anywhere , we have checked the isolation valve and its not faulty...
Replies
Views
This issue arose about a year ago. Does anyone have an idea why I occasionally hear (about once every hour or longer) a hammer related noise coming from my copper water pipes when no water is being used? It basically sounds like the noise you hear after the water shuts off when your toilet bowl...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock