Search the forum,

Discuss Plumbing refresher courses in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Daniel Edwards

Hi guys,

I've been searching online for answers but keep drawing a blank. I qualified as a plumber (city and guilds level 2) in 2009, but unfortunatly the recession took it's toll by the time I completed the course. I was wondering if anyone had any information on how I could refresh my knowledge and become a professional plumber. I still do small bits of pipe work but I feel I need a refresher. With how the country is at the minute I've been bitting and bobbing in all trades but when people hear of my qualifications they all tell me to get back to it.

Any help would be greatly appriciated. Thank you.

City and Guilds level 2 teaches you some of the basics. Systems, how to solder (in lab conditions) how to bend pipes etc. Doesn't really set you up to jump into most real world plumbing scenarios.
I'd suggest offering your services to a local plumber for as cheap as you can (or even for free) for a good year and then you should be a lot closer to being able to go it alone. Even then you'll have to be choosy with what jobs you do and not get too far out of your depth.
I did my C&G many moons ago (that month of lead work wasn't a waste of time honest:confused:), it wasn't until I was most of the way through the NVQ that I had enough knowledge to tackle most proper jobs on my own. Even something as simple as replacing a flush valve can go badly and without the underpinning experience that comes from repeatedly doing those jobs in different circumstances, something relatively simple can get overwhelming.
Good luck pal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Plumbing refresher courses in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock