Search the forum,

Discuss Plumbing training centers in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

ash2051

Hi Everyone
This is my first ever blog on this forum, can one please tell me if these plumbing and gas central heating training centers do anyone a good deed.
So far I have not read any good comments on them . Sales people talk fanatastic about the training aspects, and promise to put you on placements to achieve your Gas Safe certification after working for few months on site with engineers of your choice.
Can anyone please advise me on this forth coming course I am planning to go on?
Thanks

Hmmm - they'll say that because they make money.

The reality is the old chestnut ... you can't get a job without experience and you can't get experience without a job.

With today's news about Connaughts it's going to be even more difficult for someone to come off one of these courses and find a job.

BUT - I'm not saying don't do the course!! I went on one a couple of years ago and am self employed - sort of half a day a week at the moment ...!!!

Thanks
But so how would you get on plumbing ladder? My back ground is mechanical engineering and have I worked as a motor mechanic and have done welding gas and Mig. I am 55 years old and have lots experience, would all these things not help me become a better plumber/gas engineer?
Many thanks

Hi Ash

Welcome to the forums

Thank you for making your first ever post on these forums :),if you do a search,sure you will find the info you are looking for

As said it is difficult times at the moment :(

So if you do train to become a plumber,make sure you study hard ,learn more than any other student on your course and be very good at it !!

Hi Puddle
Thank you for taking time to write, I really feel that it is not difficult to learn plumbing. What really scares me is the placement with a Gas engineer that these training centers place you with and negative comments about these companies using you as an extra laboring hand and not teaching much.
I believe there is nothing that we cannot achieve if we seriously do it. And is it really hard to find jobs in this field as self employed people. I have many years’ experience being self employed

i think it is difficult to learn plumbing, if you learn it properly that is

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Plumbing training centers in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock