Search the forum,

Discuss Poor flow/pressure from all taps and showers in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

I have a system boiler and have recently had some building work completed which required the mains and the kitchen supplies to be moved. The plumber that carried out the work advised that he has replaced like for like with the pipe work so that should no cause any issue.

Of late the pressure/flow from our taps has been pitiful as well as from both showers and the bath. It is also effecting the toilet cistern filling and if any 2 outlets are being used at the same time the water coming out is minimal at best.

I have a water softener which i have isolated but this has had no effect. I had a plumber visit a few days ago who recharged the expansion vessel as the pressure had dropped. This is now back up to 3 bar (as prescribed by the cylinder instructions) but a strange vibration has now been caused when using some but not all taps and it sounds like a loud fog horn that carries on after the tap has been shut off.

I have contacted the plumber again who is due to come out, he has said that maybe the flow balancer has become clogged and should be cleaned out or may even now be faulty.

The only tap that works properly is the kitchen cold water supply which has high flow and pressure, i assume this comes straight from the mains inlet under the sink. We have had great flow and pressure prior to this issue. Does anyone have any other thoughts that could be causing the drop in flow/pressure.

Thanks

sounds like it could be dirt in a strainer etc if all the other cold taps and toilets are off the balanced cold

but i would go round and clean any mesh / strainer that you could find / he can find etc

but he shouldnt of let any dirt into the system in the first place

Firstly thank you for everyones input. I have had the problem fixed now, had the balancing valve cleaned out as it was a little mucky but that did not solve the issue. Had the valve replaced and the pressure is brilliant, much better than before. The only thing now is that almost everyday or every other day we are getting a loud vibration from where the cylinder is. It sounds like a spring door stop being twanged, we have ARV's on the system but the work was carried out almost a month ago so cannot believe there is still air being released from the draining and re-filling. Pressure on the expansion tank is fine.

If it is an unvented cylinder? It could be one of the valves. Get the engineer back out

Could be one of the safety devices lifting this will need a G3 engineer to diagnose the fault and repair it or get the guy back who fitted the new combination valve. Cheers kop

Reply to Poor flow/pressure from all taps and showers in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock