Search the forum,

Discuss :( poor old me ......... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShaunCorbs

Super Moderator
Staff member
S. Mod
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Solutions
For some reason the wall decided to have a wee on me today :D

Drilled through my first pipe to make matters worse it was the feed to the shower that I installed yesterday

That's what rushing gets you :(

For some reason the wall decided to have a wee on me today :D

Drilled through my first pipe to make matters worse it was the feed to the shower that I installed yesterday

That's what rushing gets you :(
Sad times mate :(:(. I never rush anymore no matter how far behind I am. I would rather cancel a job then have to go back to one.:cool:

Wouldn’t it be hilarious if the customer came onto this forum now to complain about their plumber bloke called Shaun who drilled through his own pipework?
:p

Customer wasn't there on hols :D

I trust the customer wont find out things didn’t go as smooth as the finished job suggests. ;)

Blame the tiler he drilled it :D

Reactions: rpm
Take it you cut or filed most of it away for a clear passage.

Removed it all hacksaw and file sorted it changed most of the elbows for dual 45s

Reactions: rpm
We have all been there pal , we are all human lol
That’s true :) I had that couple of months ago and I was so convinced not to hit a pipe as I knew where I put them :) wasn’t cheap to replace a cow rag and designer stuff :/

I’ve only ever hit a pipe once. Changed a sower like for like, removed old shower rail and fitted new one (using same hole and same screw) and somehow managed to hit a pipe !!!

A true story I can now tell you without filling up ...

The last time I hit a pipe was when my mum was admitted to hospital around 4.5 years ago , she was very poorly and we could visit her 24/7 , because I got behind with work I worked a Sunday morning to fit a cooker , I screwed into the wall for a couple of pipe clips and hit a mains waterpipe which was burried in the wall . Water everywhere etc etc , I repaired the pipe , leak- tested , cleaned up etc etc the second it was done the hospital rang to say my mum had just died ( filling up now ) , we try smile now to say she waited untill I fixed it lol .
I then went to tell my sister , we went to the hospital to see mum , and this is the bit I haven't got a clue how I did it, I went back to the job to finish the cooker. Chuffin hell !!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to :( poor old me ......... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I have an old steel water mains pipe (approx 45mm) that I need to connect to a new pehd water mains (25mm). I can't get at it to create a new thread so what's the best way of connecting the two? Cheers, Peter
Replies
Views
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new brackets, dismantle that existing one and start again or I could try and re attach via those screws, removing the broken ones from the plate and wall...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock