Search the forum,

Discuss Positioning flow and return pipes for a pumped system in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Colin Brendan

Hi. Does it matter if the return pipe sits above the flow pipe? Its a two pipe system. Sorry if this is a basic question. I am a propper novice.

Last edited by a moderator:
on a pumped system no

Thanks Quality. I have one other novice question. I have a radiatior branch with a 22mm flow going from right to left, and the 22mm return going from left to right. The flow tees off to the right bottom of each radiator, and tees back into the return at the left bottom of each rad.

However One of the radiators is plumbed in the opposite direction. The flow tees off into it on the left bittom and back into the return on the right bottom. Is this a problem?

Thanks again for your help.

However One of the radiators is plumbed in the opposite direction. The flow tees off into it on the left bittom and back into the return on the right bottom. Is this a problem?
No it should not be a problem, it was probably done that way for installation convenience. unless you have a problem with that particular radiator. Most Radiator valves these days are bi-directional so not really that important.

Last edited:
When you say sits above, the connections aren't reversed ?

You just mean which is on top where they're clipped to the wall ?

Flow still comes of the flow connection !

Yep. I'm just talking about which pipe sits on top of the other. Each radiator still has a flow and return connection. Its just that one of them is a different way round to the others. In from flow on the left - Out to return on right, rather then in on right - out on left (like all the others).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Positioning flow and return pipes for a pumped system in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock