Discuss Potterton 80el Overheat stat keeps tripping in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Sandeep89

Gas Engineer
Hi Guys,

Have a customer who has a Potterton 80el and when running heating after a few hours the red overheat stat button at the bottom of the boiler pushes out and boiler wont fire up. Customer has said if they reset the button they heating could work for a few hours or for the whole day before it trips out again.

Have not worked much on these boilers, could it be a faulty overheat stat or would I been looking at a faulty component, pcb?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Sandeep

Reply to Potterton 80el Overheat stat keeps tripping in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Following on from my question about monitoring F & R temperatures, I needed a measuring device because the overheat stat. frequently trips and...
Replies
Views
Hi I have a Glow-worm back boiler which is giving me grief (I would have upgraded it by now but its a listed building and there's issues with...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone. Pilot light extinction problem on an old Myson Economist has been traced to a faulty overheat limit stat. It's a Ranco LM5P8037...
Replies
Views
Evening all. Can anyone help me with a bit of advice. We “inherited“ a Potterton Prima 60F boiler (which we were told in 2013 was 3/4 years old)...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
A bit of history first. 2 yrs ago visited a grant boiler with boiler and pipework kettling. I added SentX200 noise reducer. It is standard open...
Replies
Views
Back